6 Posts

No Retreat! The North African Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Erwin Rommel Card 28 turns 1-3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fabio patris
Italy
flag msg tools
Is it possible to play card 28 (Erwin Rommel, Battle Event) to remove O'Connor in turns 1-3, even if Rommel is not present (the card has no Malta symbol restriction...)?

Thanks for any answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fabiopatris wrote:
Is it possible to play card 28 (Erwin Rommel, Battle Event) to remove O'Connor in turns 1-3, even if Rommel is not present (the card has no Malta symbol restriction...)?

Thanks for any answer!

No you cannot.

You have to fulfill the first condition of the card, where Rommel is needed, as the other two instructions are tied to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabio patris
Italy
flag msg tools
Thanks you for the quick replay!

I thinked so, but O'Connor is so important in the initial turns, I wanted to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fabiopatris wrote:
Thanks you for the quick replay!

I thinked so, but O'Connor is so important in the initial turns, I wanted to be sure.

Well, the card could have been more clearly written. Sorry. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Erwin Rommel card be played even if the doubled combat factor is for a unit that won't be attacking? There is an advantage, after all, to draw a replacement card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
htjester wrote:
Can the Erwin Rommel card be played even if the doubled combat factor is for a unit that won't be attacking? There is an advantage, after all, to draw a replacement card.

No you can't.

You need to fulfill the first condition (Doubled Combat Factor) before you can get one of the two others because of the "and" statement.

The cards says:

"Play during the Battle Sequence to double the Combat Strength of a single unit stacked with the face-up Rommel marker and either draw one card or permanently remove the O’Connor leader from the game."

To PLAY the card (and trigger the other effects) you need to do this during the Battle Sequence to double a unit under the face-up Rommel counter. If you do this you may either:

- Draw one Card.
- Remove the O'Connor leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.