Rugged Source
msg tools
So I was dropping a duece and reading going threw my binder to look at cards for combos and I was reading Wolverine, looking at the card... Saw burst symbols on level 2 and 3. Then read all of his cards and was like WTF, where is the burst effect. I was so curious to check his dice, I luckily had a ninja wipe and flushed. Cleaned hands of course, then went to my dice box and saw they too had burst symbols.

I can only think, in the expansion, the new Wolverine card(s) will have a burst effect. That *if* WizKids thought that far ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like there might be some unnecessary details here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn G
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I'm guessing this:

"The Phoenix Force Grand Prize is a special card unique to this storyline Organized Play Program, and includes a unique special die as well! The monthly competitive prizes feature alternate artwork (selected specifically from the AvX series from Marvel Comics) that corresponds to characters (and dice!) from the AvX base set, and each of these alternate art competitive prizes also features new abilities for its corresponding character as well! Last and certainly not least, the monthly participation prizes are Basic Action Cards that feature all-new effects!" (emphasis mine)

http://www.gametrademagazine.com/Home/1/1/58/581?articleID=1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hue
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my guess is, they get new dice -> mo' money for WK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
There may have been effects on one of the cards but it was removed after the dice were already in manufacturing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This was seen in Quarriors on occasion. Not all versions will use all the burst options on each die they are just option for the design team to use if the want. But you can't add the burst later (without making a new die) so it might go unused on occasion.

In the case of wolverine it probably is a good indication that there will be more card versions of him for these dice either in le form or in uncanny xmen......or both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dropping a deuce. Hee Hee Heee

?!?!?!?

ok what was the question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing insurance for the future if they ever want to do an ability of the burst.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
OR.

Maybe they have expansions planned that will use the same wolverine die and include new wolverine cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Miller
United States
Hoover
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Echo2Omega wrote:
OR.

Maybe they have expansions planned that will use the same wolverine die and include new wolverine cards.

That's quite an uncanny prediction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mitchellcmiller wrote:
Echo2Omega wrote:
OR.

That's quite an uncanny prediction.

I see what you did there 8)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Severance
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Feels like design space. These dice will be used again in some cases I would guess. Having the * there just allows them the flexibility to do something down the road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RuggedSource wrote:
So I was dropping a duece

Speaking of burst effects...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i talked to a guy that play tested and he said the new uncanny x-men with have new cards but use the same dice for the repeats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.