Subject: Sector clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Andersen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sat earlier today and played a couple of games with the Ambassadors added and the Sector Gateway when I had built this:

Just how many sectors are there here? The Vak Reactor counts as every location, the Sector Gateway is surrounded by Recreation on all sides and the Observation Dome was built last (for those that sees the extra reactor to it's right side, which would be an illegal placement).

Going through the rules, I could not find an answer for what happens if there is a 3x3 grid instead of the 2x2 grid. Good thing we didn't use the Race Track in this sitting.

Anybody got ideas for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

The card gives you bonus points if it is contained within a 2x2 grid. Even if it ends up in more than 1 grids, the ability as written is applied once.

If it was written like "+2 for every 2x2 grid that this is part of" then, yes, you would score it 4 times in the above station. But with its current wording you only need it to be part of 1 grid to get the bonus - the other cards don't add anything to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Andersen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply Vangelis! I have another question that also came from that play though I pictured above, but isn't on the picture.

The Dreadnought Shipyard restricts the areas around it (just as Ambassador Shuttle do) and one of my friends asked if it was possible to play an Ambassador Shuttle up next to a Dreadnought Shipyard?

On the Dreadnought Shipyard card it states that you can't built next to it, but it does not restrict that other players could built Ambassador Shuttle next to the Shipyard as I have understood it.

Is it a correct assumption that it is a possibility to do so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately no. Neither you, nor anyone else can build next to a Dreadnought Shipyard.

The same applies to Ambassadorial Shutte. You can't play one for example next to another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.