Subject: Parts of Dnieper impassible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Axis have made their way near the Dnieper; my Axis opponent doesn't think he can cross the dark blue portions of the Dnieper, but can cross the lighter shades.

However: I've looked through the rulebook: I can't find anything that would suggest that Dnieper can't be crossed anywhere.

He thinks that the Terrain Effects Chart shows a dark blue for "Lake/impassible hexside", and that's what shows it, but I see no rule that indicates that the shades of blue on the Terrain Effects Chart determine what can cross, and what can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your opponent is right: Dark blue hexsides are impassible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply. Where is that located? FAQ? Comsim?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The area East and South of Kherson, for example, is Major River; the river from Kherson up to to Zaporozhye, on the other hand, is darker and has a dark ble border - this is lake/ impassable terrain as per the TEC.

It is also the same graphic for the Manych lakes, near Salsk, as well as the coastline of the sea of Azov. It is clearly meant to be treated the same as a lake, as are other stretches such as the parts near Cherkassy, west of Dneprodzerzhinsk and South of Dnepropetrovsk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted raicer
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Darrell is correct.

Ted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Zinkhan
Canada
flag msg tools
Ted: Re hex 1944 to 1945 with the rail line crossing. The map shows light blue under the rail line. Is this hexside to also be treated as a major river?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.