mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
One end game bonus card scores for completed railroads. What makes a completed railroad? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: scoring a complete railroad?
A railroad line is completed when your black rail reaches the end of the line. Thus, you can score this three times - when the black line reaches Vladivostok and/or St. Petersburg, and/or Kiev.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:
A railroad line is completed when your black rail reaches the end of the line. Thus, you can score this three times - when the black line reaches Vladivostok and/or St. Petersburg, and/or Kiev.

Is that in the rules somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Frank Hamrick wrote:

It just feels like this answer makes 2 of the final scoring cards nearly identical with one clearly weaker. (Distance of black vs completed routes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Frank Hamrick wrote:

It just feels like this answer makes 2 of the final scoring cards nearly identical with one clearly weaker. (Distance of black vs completed routes)
It's much harder to finish the main railroad when completing all three, whereas scoring distance of black doesn't require you to finish it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Frank Hamrick wrote:

It's much harder to finish the main railroad when completing all three, whereas scoring distance of black doesn't require you to finish it.

Right, the black distance is strictly better.

Is it actually in the rules somewhere to define "complete" railway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think so, but what else could it be? (Then again, the card shows the terminus icon, so I would assume reaching the terminus qualifies.)

As for the two cards, yes, the black distance is better as you can earn 33 points vs 30 points from the completing all tracks. However, getting 20 points from completing St. Petersburg and Kiev might be easier in some cases than earning 20+ points from the black distance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
No, I don't think so, but what else could it be? (Then again, the card shows the terminus icon, so I would assume reaching the terminus qualifies.)

As for the two cards, yes, the black distance is better as you can earn 33 points vs 30 points from the completing all tracks. However, getting 20 points from completing St. Petersburg and Kiev might be easier in some cases than earning 20+ points from the black distance.

If you complete st. Petersburg and Kiev, you are already at 19pts for black distance. ( the black tracks all start at 1, right?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the Endgame bonus cards are strictly better than others. That is why it is first come first serve. The 15 point one is pretty much horrible unless you're failing hard at the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Some of the Endgame bonus cards are strictly better than others. That is why it is first come first serve. The 15 point one is pretty much horrible unless you're failing hard at the game.

But it's still better than the 10 point copout...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.