Subject: NJCON June 6 & 7 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NJCON is fast approaching. Mike B has three sessions set up and I'll be giving him a hand. For the Friday Night session we are thinking about running the "X243" version of Pegasus Bridge. We feel it's rather appropriate given the day.
We still have to nail down the games for Saturday, but will be able to run both games and demos.
Who knows, D-Day Sergeants might even be a possibility.

Hope to see some of the community there... Let us know if you plan on attending...

Lean forward in the foxhole..
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this, Chris. For more info and convention and game registration go to http://njcon.org.

You can also play in a lot of other games too. But why would you want to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Augie Thiesing
msg tools
I plan on attending.

Augie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plan is to run the X243 scenario on Friday night. Due to the limits of the "extra" characters and MG42s please let us know if building your own squad for this game.

Not an issue but you will need to incorporate the characters. You can post on here if you want as to what you want to build. Remember that the Germans don't get tactics modules for this.

Chris G. is working on British troops and I am working on the Germans.

For the games on Saturday, Chris would like to run a Merville Battery scenario. I am planning on doing some more generic introductory games.

We will allow equipment and tactics modules for the generic games (and as appropriate to the Merville scenario) but more experienced players may want to put together a couple of squads since a hard core killer tournament squad with tactics modules might wipe up the map with someone who is new and doesn't own everything. 28 point units for generic scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I could make it but I have obligations this weekend. Have a great con and tell us about it.

-Jeff M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's going to be a great Fri/Sat, hope to see some of you there... We'll have pictures of our triumphs and defeats.

For Merville Gun Battery, I'm looking at scenario #224, The Last Casement. If you are planning in joining us for the X243 Pegasus Bridge, it would be helpful if you could field one of the six player slots. Just let us know which group you can field.

Otherwise, everything else is fair game. I'll have all of my TO&E with me so anything we can get on the table will be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well NJCON has come and gone and by my accounts, a good time was had. There was a Pegasus Bridge table that was absolutely amazing, I'll try to post that picture a little later.

On the SMG front, I believe we had some converts, if LBG was represented we could have sold something.

Mike was our war correspondent so we'll see pics later. I'll give some more details a little later too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.