100pts

Generic Sphere
Tac Drone
Ass Tubes
Drex (maybe)

Generic Sphere
JLP
Once more into the breach (maybe)

Im leaning towards using drex over OMITB. I get BS on both and JLP snags me a target lock reroll.

Ass Tubes cover me in case i run into any CS/Weyoun shenanigans. Or any other cards i dont want to deal with really.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once More I feel isn't really all that good without continuous boosts as opposed to the one-shot target lock/bs tokens.

Drex is a fine choice, but I expect he'll get assimilated more often than not by other 2 ship borg lists. I think about upgrading to sphere 4270 and using Transwarp Drive instead - gives you an even bigger maneuvering advantage to get into tubule range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Willis
msg tools
The only other plan was to go with dukat/jlp/ind kling flagship.

7 attack with BS and lock for both with nothing to assimilate. but leaves me vulnerable to attack prevention stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Borg Sphere 4270 (40)
Gul Dukat (6)
Resource: Flagship Independent (Klingon) (10)
Breen Aide (3)

Borg Sphere (38)
Tactical Drone (3)

Total Build SP: 100

Named sphere takes free 'scan' every turn, Dukat uses BS...every turn. Pretty much without variation, so you don't really need to worry about enemy ships moving/actioning after you - whatever they do isn't going to effect your plan.

Generic sphere just takes scan, use the Borg captain's ability as needed.

Generally, play defensively - kite the enemy around the map to pick off individual ships that enter your combined arc/range, concentrating on moving behind terrain or out of enemy fire arcs at any opportunity. Remember - move AWAY from the enemy or OUT OF ARC as much as possible, never close with them (unless doing so will obviously put you out of their arc - it's easy to get out of theirs, it's impossible for them to get out of yours).

Boring as hell to play, but you won't lose a match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised there are still non-faction pure ships flying around for Ops!

Tuxedo_Jackson wrote:
100pts

Generic Sphere
Tac Drone
Ass Tubes
Drex (maybe)

Generic Sphere
JLP

Im leaning towards using drex over OMITB. I get BS on both and JLP snags me a target lock reroll.

Ass Tubes cover me in case i run into any CS/Weyoun shenanigans. Or any other cards i dont want to deal with really.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BruinGirl wrote:

Why? Nothing in the official rules have changed, and with Admiral's Orders largely gone there is no incentive to run faction pure whatsoever. Is there something about the new Wave of meta that would push players toward faction purity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph van der Jagt
Canada
flag msg tools
Faction Pure this seems to be the best to me:

Borg 4270
Tactical Drone
Feedback Pulse

Generic Sphere
Tactical Drone
Assimilation Tubules

The Tubules are a great plan B. 4 re-rolls on each sphere should be more than enough to tear through a 100 point fleet especially since any fleet that isn't Borg is going to have to soak up the Feedback Pulse. If you are playing against other Borg players then I imagine there will be a bit of a tug of war over the pulse but really they have to expend the action points to get it while you are getting a target lock or whatever. That's not a huge advantage but it is one and in every other fight the pulse seems so great.

If the OP isn't faction pure than I think this looks pretty smart:

Sphere 4270
Gul Dukat

Borg Sphere
Jean-Luc Picard
Assimilation Tubules

You've lost the pulse which is too bad, but you'll be moving late and firing early and your Assimilation Tubules will be all the better with Picard calling the shots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
BruinGirl wrote:

Why? Nothing in the official rules have changed, and with Admiral's Orders largely gone there is no incentive to run faction pure whatsoever. Is there something about the new Wave of meta that would push players toward faction purity?

The Borg, mostly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuxedo_Jackson wrote:
100pts

Generic Sphere
Tac Drone
Ass Tubes
Drex (maybe)

Generic Sphere
JLP

Thoughts?

STAW:Once More Unto the Breach is funnier with the named spheres ability. Shoot 4 ships at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
koku ryu wrote:
RogueThirteen wrote:
BruinGirl wrote:

The Borg, mostly

I'd love some elaboration on this point. Throwing Picard or Dukat on a Sphere seems like a fine thing to do. Sure you don't get to use some of the upgrades but that doesn't seem like a clear loss. And Dorsal Weapons Array on a Valdore seems even more necessary than it was pre-Borg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like the borg get less out of faction mixing than every other faction does to fight them.

While every other fleet has access to PSF, Energy Dissipator, Dorsal Weapons, etc. The borg really don't have many points for upgrades on their two ship builds, generally just netting them higher captain skills in the form of Picard and Khan (which as a side effect, removes one of their most effective abilities, the assimilation tubules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Of course, there's no reason one can't do something like:

Generic Sphere (38)
-Borg Captain (0)
-Breen Aide (3)
-Ass Tubes (8)

Generic Sphere (38)
-Dukat (6)
-Boheeka (3)
-Cloaked Mines (4)

You get the powerful Tubules of going faction pure, while still importing quite a bit of potent mixed-faction tricks. Sure, you can only use the Ass Tubes once, but that's often going to be good enough since it's basically protection as a super-combo breaker. If desired, you could bump the Borg Captain up to a Tactical Drone by tossing the Breen Aide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Momaw Nadon
msg tools
RogueThirteen wrote:
BruinGirl wrote:

The only store running op events within 300km of me only allows faction pure so I'm happy whenever I see faction pure fleet suggestions and tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard C.
United States
Monterey Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I also like faction pure builds as well- all the stores I know in Southern California plays with faction pure only. I've played both ways and faction pure just feels right... But that's just me...

My build for the Tholian web op(won first place and second place was very similar)-

2 generic Borg spheres with tactical drones- 1 -8 point upgrade (feedback or assimilation) and independent flagship (Klingon). 100 points.

Be in the center when you start the game and move four forward to reduce the effectiveness of any cloaked mines.

Then just destroy everything with your 14 attack dice 360° range three firing arc... With re-rolls and the scan tokens. DEADLY :-)

momaw wrote:
RogueThirteen wrote:
BruinGirl wrote:

The only store running op events within 300km of me only allows faction pure so I'm happy whenever I see faction pure fleet suggestions and tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apo apsis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jdvanderjagt wrote:
If the OP isn't faction pure than I think this looks pretty smart:

Sphere 4270
Gul Dukat

Borg Sphere
Jean-Luc Picard
Assimilation Tubules

You've lost the pulse which is too bad, but you'll be moving late and firing early and your Assimilation Tubules will be all the better with Picard calling the shots.

You need to discard a Drone Token to use Assimilation Tubules, so the JLP Sphere isn't going to do what you think it's going to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:

Generic Sphere (38)
-Borg Captain (0)
-Breen Aide (3)
-Ass Tubes (8)

Generic Sphere (38)
-Dukat (6)
-Boheeka (3)
-Cloaked Mines (4)

You need the named sphere in there, the generic sphere doesn't have a tech slot for the mines

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.