Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: 'Forfeited' Notoriety or Shi.Kyu rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lynk Fox
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
If you Forfeit Notoriety or Shi.Kyu, say using Frame Job or Data Dealer, is it removed from the game? I am under the impression that yes, it is - given Archer's interaction with agenda's done that way, but was unable to find the rule saying this is so in the book - and the fact that why they are placed in your score area as an Agenda worth x points, they are not agendas themselves. (might be fiddly about that point)


(curious because Shi.Kyu going back into archives would suck, and Notoriety going back in would mean it could be Same Ol Thingd back out with a Early Bird or Doppleganger console)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook:

"When a player forfeits an agenda, he selects any agenda in his score area and permanently removes it from the game (it does not go to Archives or the heap). He no longer scores points for the forfeited agenda."

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lynkfox wrote:
and the fact that why they are placed in your score area as an Agenda worth x points, they are not agendas themselves. (might be fiddly about that point)


Those cards are indeed agendas after having been put into the score area. Not because of being put into the score area, of course, but because they say "as an agenda" which changes the card type. This is the same language Oversight AI uses to change its type.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Jay
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, does anyone think that data broker will see more play if Shi kyu becomes bigger in the meta?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Kahrash wrote:
So, does anyone think that data broker will see more play if Shi kyu becomes bigger in the meta?


I hope so I love that card.

I call it 'Crimhack'.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
From the rulebook:

"When a player forfeits an agenda, he selects any agenda in his score area and permanently removes it from the game (it does not go to Archives or the heap). He no longer scores points for the forfeited agenda."



Ah. I missed it. thank you for finding that! I was looking but my eyes are so bad at details sometimes its easy to miss

DrTall wrote:
lynkfox wrote:
and the fact that why they are placed in your score area as an Agenda worth x points, they are not agendas themselves. (might be fiddly about that point)


Those cards are indeed agendas after having been put into the score area. Not because of being put into the score area, of course, but because they say "as an agenda" which changes the card type. This is the same language Oversight AI uses to change its type.



Nice point!

CommissarFeesh wrote:
Kahrash wrote:
So, does anyone think that data broker will see more play if Shi kyu becomes bigger in the meta?


I hope so I love that card.

I call it 'Crimhack'.



Ive been running DataDealer+Notoriety for the last 3 or 4 months. I completely agree. Its stimhack without the brain damage for an extra click, and totally can have that same effect on getting in to score game winning agendas. Especially if they are running any 1 point agendas.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.