4 Posts

Fleet: Arctic Bounty» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules and Initial Arctic Bounty Setup Rules. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have downloaded the official Arctic Bounty expansion rules pdf file, and am having a small amount of bother getting clear on the card setup for the beginning of the game, which I am reading for 2 or 3 players,
being the same for the number of cards. For 2 players,

-I am of the understanding that players start with 18 cards each:

*5 standard licenses, matching 5 applicable boat cards, for +10
*2 premium licenses, matching 2 applicable boat cards, for +4
*2 dock cards per player, for +4

-What does "any number of bay cards" describe?

-The Arctic Bounty rules state that players can start with any combination of old and new licenses. What exactly does this phrase mean? [Does it refer to combinations of licenses and equivalent boats to start]?

-Given all this, do 2 players in fact start with 18 cards exactly? If not, could someone official reply with corrections?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
each player has 1 of each boat card that is in the game - so likely 6-7 cards in hand since several premiums do not have boat cards

2 dock cards per player - 4 total - are placed in like piles near the draw deck NOT in hand.

Same with Bay Cards unless otherwise instructed.

It means that players can choose which combination of 5 standard licenses -and 2 premium licenses and thier matching boat cards from either game to include in a game of fleet.

make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am including Arctic Bounty in my card set for play.

-For 2 or any number of players, is there an advised configuration for the license pile, being one advised configuration, which will work well for different numbers of players instead of so many different small variations as in the rule book?

-If there is already something like this on boardgamegeek,
can someone please reply with the link?

-Artisan Fisherman and Inuit Fisherman are not applicable to all categories of license. Though they do incur bonuses from other cards.
Could someone please mention those cards and bonuses here, ie. what are they, and what are the bonuses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Singleton
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
each player has 1 of each boat card that is in the game - so likely 6-7 cards in hand since several premiums do not have boat cards

2 dock cards per player - 4 total - are placed in like piles near the draw deck NOT in hand.

Same with Bay Cards unless otherwise instructed.

It means that players can choose which combination of 5 standard licenses -and 2 premium licenses and thier matching boat cards from either game to include in a game of fleet.

make sense?

But only 5 boat cards in hand to start is also possible, based on random selection of premium licenses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.