Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam W
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
Gotta buy 'em all
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got to play this the other day and it was pretty fun.

One thing we weren't sure on was whether you stole 1 point worth of treasure, or 1 treasure token? Since that would punish the person who picked up the first silver or gold first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be one point of treasure. Rules say "steal 1 treasure" I think because they didn't want to use the word "point" in order to stick to the theme. "Steal one point of treasure" would have been a better wording. Thanks for the heads-up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocconteur wrote:
It should be one point of treasure. Rules say "steal 1 treasure" I think because they didn't want to use the word "point" in order to stick to the theme. "Steal one point of treasure" would have been a better wording. Thanks for the heads-up!

My brother takes the ninja theme very seriously, and literally thought it meant steal treasure token, when no one was looking attempted to steal a gold token from another player. Had to let him know that it is as Rocco Explained, one treasure point, aka copper piece.

I do think future editions of ninja dice, or expansions could include some dexterity mechanics for how dice are handled when thrown(aka, penalty for knocking dice, boon for catching a die which was about to roll off the table etc..), and or fumble rules to go along with the ninja theme. Or maybe just home rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam W
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
Gotta buy 'em all
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. We figured that's the way it would be, otherwise it just became about who could roll the most arrows and catches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.