Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chainsaw Rabbit
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a few games in with my wife tonight, and went three for three (with wide margins) with the following team:

Angel: Avenging Angel, 3 dice
Beast: Genetic Expert, 4 dice
Black Widow, Tsarina, 4 dice
Ghost Rider: Johnny Blaze, 2 dice
Iron Man: Philanthropist, 2 dice
Nova: The Human Rocket, 2 dice
Phoenix: Ms. Psyche, 1 die
Punisher: McRook, 2 dice
Gearing Up
Power Bolt

The whole idea behind this team is Direct Damage: drilling straight into the opponent's life, bypassing their blockers.
Black Widow does either damages your unless he or she weakens their characters
Punisher does the opposite, destroying a character outright if the opponent doesn't take damage.
Nova is amazing as either an attacker or defender, dealing direct damage regardless of whose turn it is.
Beast and Iron Man function primarily as blockers, replenishing your life if your opponent gets some damage through.
Ghost Rider serves as cheap support wherever needed, supplementing attack or defense moves.
Angel is also a supplemental attackers; ideally, your opponent is blocking Nova or Iron Man with their big guys while throwing a smaller character against Angel, leaving him alive so his ability triggers.
I'm absolutely in love with Phoenix and her ability; she's amazing for crushing your opponent's freshly-fielded big hitter assuming you can keep a Bolt energy on deck to trigger her global.
Power Bolt exists merely to support the direct-damage idea, and Gearing Up helps you field swarms of characters or purchase the more expensive ones.

These are (naturally) built from my collection (one starter, case + 12 boosters). I'm also looking for a good counter-strategy, maybe fine-tuning the team by replacing Angel and Ghost Rider with more synergistic characters. I'm thinking some of the other Basic Actions could fill in any gaps, but haven't really experimented with that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've built up a strong dislike for Ghost Rider. Anything you save in his buy cost you pay double down the line in fielding cost. He always requires at least 1 and having to pay 3 to field only a 5/5 is not my definition of a "good die face."

Obviously, one card choice won't break a lineup. Tsarina can pretty effectively carry a deck though. If you spend your first 2 turns emptying out your pile of her and the SR Goblin, the game is on a pretty short clock afterwards. I've been trying really hard to figure out a strategy that can deal with it using commons/uncommons, but it's tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Skinner
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ghost Rider is as much for the cheap bolt energy as the powerful character faces. I often find myself rerolling the characters for the shot at extra energy.

I do think that Human Torch-Playing with Fire is also a good option for cheap bolt energy. Fielding cost per A/D is the similar, but Human Torch gives the 0 cost, weaker option, and actually has a decent ability. But, if your build includes HT-"Flame On!" or HT-Johnny Storm, then you may need to use the GR for the cheap bolts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Soller
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a few games with a combination of Angel - High Ground (Cannot be blocked by a lower level character) and Black Widow - Killer Instinct (When fielded, spin a target character to level 1). These are 2 cheap cards (2 and 3 Energy cost) and you can use Black Widow to spin the opposing characters to 1 and then you attack with an unblockable Angel (assuming he is at least level 2)for 3 damage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.