Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: STAR WARS LCG [Ace Comics, Annerley, Brisbane] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan B
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools

2014 STAR WARS LCG LEAGUE IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Where: Ace Comics Annerley
When: Starting Wednesday 28th May, 2014
Cost: $10
Running Time: 10 Weeks

Hi guys,

Just wanted to put up an informative post for those who may be interested and/or currently play Star Wars LCG or any LCG for that matter.

Currently we have a great group of guys & girls who play regularly at Ace Comics located in the Brisbane suburb of Annerley. They meet every Wednesday night at approximately 6pm for a night of fun playing LCG's.

With the next league only weeks away I thought this was a great opportunity to drum up some new players.

STAR WARS LCG OFFICIAL SITE

WHAT IS AN LCG

ACE COMICS & GAMES FACEBOOK PAGE

STAR WARS LCG BRISBANE FACEBOOK GROUP

The great thing is that new packs are currently being released so with the meta being shaken up theres never been a better time for new players to jump into the game. Everyone is friendly and more than willing to accommodate new players.

Regarding the new league here are some details;
[quote]The cost is still the same: $10 but it's what that $10 gets you that's different. We will have a new format, prize pool system and scoring system.
Entry into the league gives you 10 weeks to play 15 matches and a knockout tournament at the end. Instead of using a modified version of the tournament scoring system we are simplifying things. A win earns you 3 prestige points and a loss earns you 1 prestige point that way you are rewarded for participation. A true draw earns you one prestige point each. For differential we will use an algorithm that fairly compares light side's win condition to the dark side. You get match points equal to the Death Star dial at the end of a game as dark side and four points for each objective destroyed as light side. Those points will be totaled over the course of the league to work out a differential for players on the same prestige points.
Prize support will change too based on player feedback. We are doing away with cash prizes. For every six players that sign up to the league I will include a league kit. The first league kit will be distributed after the conclusion of week 10. The second league kit will be distributed after the knockout rounds and any subsequent league kits will also be distributed after week 10.[/quote]

The cards themselves are great and any Star Wars fan will instantly fall in love with the artwork and themes throughout the game. The fact that this is an LCG means that not only is it cheap to buy into but the cards are never blacklisted (*cough* MTG) They are always tournament legal!

So if getting into friendly/competitive card games is something you'd be interested in, and you dont want to dive into an established game with players that have been playing for 10+ years then give Star Wars LCG a try!

If you'd like more information then feel free to PM me here although a better alternative would be to come on over to the Star Wars LCG Brisbane Facebook group that is linked above and drop in and say hello.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotzur-Yang
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Nathan,

I've sporadically attended the Netrunner side of Wednesday nights at Ace. Was wondering if there'd be anyone willing to run me through a teaching game? Have trouble keeping up with Netrunner, so not sure I'd be willing to take the leap, but I'm definitely interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan B
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
kotzuryang wrote:
Hey Nathan,

I've sporadically attended the Netrunner side of Wednesday nights at Ace. Was wondering if there'd be anyone willing to run me through a teaching game? Have trouble keeping up with Netrunner, so not sure I'd be willing to take the leap, but I'm definitely interested.

PM sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan B
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
The start date for the league has been pushed back one week to the 4th of June, 2014 to accommodate game one of State of Origin. All details have been updated in the main post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Sandal
Australia
flag msg tools
Jason, we are all happy to help and will even lend decks until you wish to attend.

I highly recommend watching the turorial on FFG's website to help with understanding and the teaching process.

Roman!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.