United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mb
Will it come in a box? If so, will the box fit the main game's contents?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume once (and if) it's commercially available it may come in a box, but it already comes with a large storage bag which ...well, stores all of the components. I prefer the bag over a box. Maybe Potluck can chime in. I;'m curious as well. A box will likely increase the cost of the product to the consumer as I suspect it's more expensive than the bag...though maybe not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Coates
United States
Payson
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Currently there are no plans for a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mb
Scoates2 wrote:

Bummer. I guess I likely won't be backing it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will B.
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bobby4th wrote:
Scoates2 wrote:

Bummer. I guess I likely won't be backing it...

May i ask why the lack of a box is a deal breaker for you? I have heard this sentiment echoed in other places (KS comments, and on the main boards for DD)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mb
While the bag might be a good way to transport the game for some (though I think it isn't), a box is a much better way to store it. I have a lot of games and other stuff and being able to store it with everything else is easier. Boxes let you see what the game is when just the spine is visible and serve as a reminder when I look at the shelves to decide what games I am going to pack to play when I go gaming.

Bags also collect stains, odors, pet and people hairs, and allergens on them and the only way to fix that is to wash them.

I already bought a Really Useful Box to store the main game because the big black bag does not safely hold the rules, the player aides, and the FAQ. I could just drop the expansion into that box, but I am irked that I had to spend another $12 for a storage option and the only way I can "vote" is to do it with my wallet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree, I hate the "bag only" storage. I had to scrounge up a box to put this in.

The main problem is the Rules, FAQ and Cheat sheets get crushed when only using the bag. The secondary reason for me is simple storage on a shelf, I need to stack games.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
Hong Kong
Discovery Bay
Lantau Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the bag is actually much more efficient storage than a box. Space is at a premium where I live, and boxes always have some (or usually a lot of) wasted space. The bag can fit the irregular shape of the spot I'm trying to put it into in a drawer. Easier to fit into the backpack as well.

My rules and reference sheet are on my phone and tablet, so the bag works perfectly for me. Just an alternate view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't most people replano their games anyway? I can think of quite a few games with no box or games where the box isn't sufficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark me down as another past and current backer who would DEARLY love to have a box to store this game in. Shelf storage, dust on the bag, rules and supplements getting crushed, my own nature . . . all drive me to want a pretty box to store this wonderful game in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote for a box as well, at the very least as an optional addon for those who want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumb up my stuff.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. im a backer regardless but id also like a box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll vote for the extra large dice bag. I love it!

I have a lot of extra boxes laying around from adding expansions to main boxes. Plus like I stated above everyone just plano's their games anyway. Or tackle boxes it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you possibly Plano this game? There are four bags (black, red, blue, and yellow) that you play out of, and a green bag for the "common" items. Splitting that up into a Plano just seems like creating setup time where none is needed (I guess one could select X monsters or something, but unless and until any of the bags start feeling crowded, I'm just playing with everything).

My copy's in an Eclipse Ship Pack One box. Which is fine, even if newbies give me looks when I bring it out. But this is a great game and I'd love to see it up there on my shelf with its own box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that want a box, what kind of box are you guys thinking about? A cardboard box would be almost worthless. After all 3 expansions are released, we'll have at least 200 dice. Something like that probably needs a wooden box, which would be expensive.

So, if YOU were designing a box for this game, what would you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be perfectly happy with a nice, medium-sized cardboard box (think of something like what Steam comes in, for instance). Game-related artwork on the front and back. Something special for the KS supporters if that's what's desired.

Inside? Room for the dice bags, rules, and player aids. Playmats too, I suppose. That's it. No fancy inserts, NO wood, no thank you very much. Just . . . a gamebox.

As mentioned above, I'm using an Eclipse Ship Pack 1 box right now and that's working fine with plenty of room for more. I don't need inserts -- I'd just store everything in the bags anyway -- and I don't need fancyness. Hell, I don't *need* a box at all; but I'd like one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cruickshanks
Norway
flag msg tools
Zzzz
badge
Chaos Incarnate
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the bag solution, but I wouldn't mind if someone crafty here made a printable box with some of the artwork on it. Would make it possible to display it in my shelf with the other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mb
A cardboard box would work just fine. I have a Thunderstone box FULL of tightly-packed cards and that has held up fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Patterson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
If anyone is literate in 3D printing, maybe they could make a plastic insert that would store all the dice for a certain sized box. I imagine two tiered system could work for at least storing 200 dice. It would still be a tight fit, but it means that you can line them up in order as opposed to having 200 dice bouncing around randomly inside a box.

For the record, I think the bag is cool. But I'm also not picky, so I can feel for those who would rather have a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.