Maik Hennebach
Germany
Frankfurt
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Seven decks from a single copy of the Core Set, Assault on Ulthuan, March of the Damned and Hidden Kingdoms. The decks for Undead, Lizards, Wood Elves, Orcs and Dwarves are all pretty solid, while the Dark Elves and Empire decks are both a bit of a mixed bag and probably more challenging to play.

I did not manage to squeeze more than seven decks out of this card pool: High Elves and Chaos both distributed too many cards to other decks to build something with what's left, and the Hidden Kingdom Skaven cards are surprisingly useless without lots of more rats. The neutral legends were not included because a) you'd need to learn all those additional rules for just one or two decks and b) Scar Leader Kroq-Gar (the Lizardmen legend) is too strong for a deck that might already be the best of the bunch.

Give them a try, and please let me know whether the balance between the decks is okay - there probably is some room for improvement. A click on the name will take you to the deckbox deck listing.

A Wave of the Dead (Undead)
Bray Shamans are a key card to boost your necromantic units. Early developments in the battlefield will be useful for Savage Gors, Burn it Down and the Drowned Zombies.

Banners of Empire (Empire)
Imperial mobility with a bit of elvish help. A lot of small units will feed your Gardens of Morr.

Bright Scales (Lizardmen)
A bloodthirsty lizard swarm, augmented with some elvish healing to make your gain their pain.

Dark Corruption (Dark Elves)
Your Corsairs will destroy what your chaotic allies can't corrupt.

Dwarven Fortress (Dwarves)
Develop your battlefield, build up your kingdom with lots of nice support cards, and hope that your Oathstones will supply you with cards enough to last the siege.

Orcish Horde (Orcs)
Classic orc brutality, with a dash of rat to pester the frontline of the enemy. Your Reckless Boyz will get damaged quite often, but that's why they are called reckless.

Thornwood (Wood Elves)
Innovations and support cards will make good use of your early development boost, and the gods of the Empire will punish all enemies who don't keep up. Use the Wildwood Groves to recycle your ambushes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adachi
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is excellent! I have all the boxed expansions and been looking for a reason to play some WH:I again, and this came just at the correct time! Thanks!

Are you going to update this with the Cataclysm cards too? That might allow you to address some of the weaknesses you mentioned above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Hennebach
Germany
Frankfurt
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Mikademus wrote:
This is excellent! I have all the boxed expansions and been looking for a reason to play some WH:I again, and this came just at the correct time! Thanks!

Are you going to update this with the Cataclysm cards too? That might allow you to address some of the weaknesses you mentioned above.

Happy to hear this was helpful to you. Any other sets of starting decks would get their own thread, but I'll try to collect the links here. All the deluxe expansions seems to be a popular wish, and I will very probably tackle that next (won't help the Skaven, though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norlo Zapata
Venezuela
Caracas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your decklists.

They're useful for new players (like me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Hennebach
Germany
Frankfurt
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
The sharp eyes of
Rasmus Leo
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spotted a couple of mistakes in these decks: I used too many copies of Battle Standard and Daemonic Offering.

The deckbox lists have been updated, but here's the list of changes if you already have these decks constructed:
A Wave of the Dead: -1 Daemonic Offering, +1 Enraged Varghulf
Dark Corruption: -1 Daemonic Offering, +1 Chaos/Dark Elf Alliance
Thornwood: -1 Battle Standard, +1 The Oak of Ages

Thanks to Rasmus for notifying me of this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Karlsson
Sweden
Ljungby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the core set, so I'm not at all into the deck building process. I notice these decks have a lot closer to 50 than 100 cards. Is that usually the standard when building decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cizak wrote:
I just bought the core set, so I'm not at all into the deck building process. I notice these decks have a lot closer to 50 than 100 cards. Is that usually the standard when building decks?

Jup, this is correct! The minimum card count is 50 and most tournament decks have less than 54 cards. Also, the decks found above are all 50 card decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Mazurek
msg tools
Ho to beat orc deck with dwarves i mean im new to this game but.... Are the balace to play against each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmazurek wrote:
Ho to beat orc deck with dwarves i mean im new to this game but.... Are the balace to play against each other?

In my opinion they are pretty balanced. These decks are also great to start building balanced decks yourself. Just build these decks and tweak them a little bit until you find the balance you seek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.