5 Posts

Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Could there be only two POIs after replenishment? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Berggreen
Denmark
flag msg tools
If you role to place a POI and it is placed on a space with a firefighter you flip it. If it's a false alarm, you remove it.

Should you reroll so that you always end up with three POIs after replenishment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eversceptic wrote:
If you role to place a POI and it is placed on a space with a firefighter you flip it. If it's a false alarm, you remove it.

Should you reroll so that you always end up with three POIs after replenishment?

In the advanced game, you change the placement of the POI according to the tiny arrows. For the family game, I am not so familiar to the rules, but in this situation, I would reroll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Taber
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my RPG blog at http://www.usandacat.com/thelair!
badge
Work hard, play hard!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Experienced game you reroll where the POI lands. It cannot land in a space with a firefighter.

In the Family game it says that there should be 3 markers on the board at the end of every turn so I would keep rolling for POI locations until you get 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Berggreen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I agree. We will keep rolling.

I'm fine with house rules but somehow I believe that the game designer has often designed the rules to balance the games and often, there is one or more reasons for a specific rule (non-thematic reason, that is). I don't know about Flash Point since I'm new to this but it is definately the case for Agricola and Pandemic and probably a lot of other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Family game: As you said, reveal the POI immediately if it lands on a firefighter.
Experienced game: If the POI location is on top of a firefighter, smoke or fire, use the arrows until you come to a permitted space. Re-roll of the arrows do not lead to any permitted space.

Yes, you roll for new POIs until the total of POIs and revealed victims on the board (inside or outside the house) is 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.