Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: No infantry and attacking villages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Not Real
Finland
flag msg tools
Hi,

I was playing a game yesterday and we encountered a situation where all the infantry units were bought and a village was attacked. What should be done in this case? Take 2 of either artillery or mounted?

Since we were playing with both expansions we solved it by taking a unit from basic deck and using it's stat for the attack value. But I'm sure that isn't the way to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hena wrote:
Hi,

I was playing a game yesterday and we encountered a situation where all the infantry units were bought and a village was attacked. What should be done in this case? Take 2 of either artillery or mounted?

Since we were playing with both expansions we solved it by taking a unit from basic deck and using it's stat for the attack value. But I'm sure that isn't the way to do it.

Thats a rare situation. Normally some units are dead in battles. I think the rules are that there will be no infantry unit to take, thus only using 2 units. But I think at that point in your game, the units are pretty strong, so it wouldn't have mattered anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not Real
Finland
flag msg tools
cash1981 wrote:
Hena wrote:
Hi,

Thats a rare situation. Normally some units are dead in battles. I think the rules are that there will be no infantry unit to take, thus only using 2 units. But I think at that point in your game, the units are pretty strong, so it wouldn't have mattered anyways.

Well it allowed me (playing village) to kill one 3rd level infantry .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
It's stated in the rulesbook that you have to take another Card from another Deck. The player who plays the barbarian choose which card he takes.
So you can play with 2 Mounted units and 1 artillery unit or with 2 artillery units and 1 mounted unit.

"If the marker is a village, it attempts to repel the invading
civilization. The player to the left of the invading player
becomes the “barbarian player” and draws one artillery, one
infantry, and one mounted unit from the respective decks (if
one or more of the decks are depleted, make up the difference
from one of the other decks – barbarian player’s choice)." (P. 20 of the rulesbook).

Edit : Of course, you cannot choose an Airplane ^^.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not Real
Finland
flag msg tools
Thanks itchi. So I was in the rules, I just couldn't find on during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.