Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: How Many Gravity Feeds? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many gravity feeds would you recommend purchasing, in order to get a fully comprehensive and varied set of dice?

I have currently purchased two starter sets- but would like your opinion on how many gravity feeds you would recommend (for someone who is a notrious completist!)

Many Thanks,
Ewan
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcturus2006 wrote:
How many gravity feeds would you recommend purchasing, in order to get a fully comprehensive and varied set of dice?

I have currently purchased two starter sets- but would like your opinion on how many gravity feeds you would recommend (for someone who is a notrious completist!)

Many Thanks,
Ewan


2 Gravity feeds should get you all commons & uncommons (plus many, many duplicates), and a near complete set of dice (by which I mean max usable dice for each character). You'll be missing some rares, somewere between 10 & 20 depending on your luck, and you'll have 2 of the 4 super rares if you're lucky, or none if you're not. After that extra gravity feeds will bring diminishing returns, so you may be best going to the secondary market to satisfy your completist needs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to check out this video of UndeadViking Lance opening 2 gravity feeds (sped up!) to get a better feel of what you're getting:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/45094/marvel-dice-masters...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 starter and 3 gravity feeds later I'm missing 7 rares and 1 super rare. Plenty if dice to go around. I have enough extra rares that I'll be able to sell or trade for what I'm missing fairly easily.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Vany
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I went with 2 gravity feeds and I have all commons, missing 1 uncommon as well as some rares and all the super rares. I also have a ton of dice lol. I do have a complete set of dice for most characters (some over double), and will likely pick up another starter to fill out the remaining base character sets.

I may purchase another 60 pack box and hope to fill out the remaining rares and maybe even get a super rare. The prices of the super rares are pretty high right now but if I have most of the cards it would actually be cheaper to just pick up the ones I need (provided I have the dice required for the heroes) then to chance it with the boxes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To get a good feel of the game, 1 box will do. For a completion freak, a sealed case of 6 boxes to get a set.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
8....

8... boxes (I'm done now)

That gives more more than enough to trade with but since it wasn't a case I was still missing some after 8. Never once pulled a super rare Green Goblin. Never Pulled a rare Gambit or rogue either. Have to trade for those.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I did 5 boxes and still missed 2 Super-Rares. So let the buyer beware.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Otto

Cherokee
Kansas
msg tools
He said something to me in Chinese like, 'Boo coo sow!', sounded like some cartoon sh!t. But I understood it to be a question...
badge
Ha-ha! I threw that sh!t before I walked in the room!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my yields from 4 gravity feeds. It should give you a good idea of roughly what to expect. I'm still missing 7 Rares and 2 Super Rares.

35 Angel     High Ground      3 3 3 2
36 Black Widow    Natural       1 2 4 2
37 Colossus    Unstoppable     2 2 3 2
38 Cyclops     Slim       3 3 2 4
39 Deadpool    Assassin      1 3 1 2
40 Doctor Doom    Reed Richard's Rival   4 3 2 2
41 Doctor Octopus   Megalomaniac     2 2 2 2
42 Doctor Strange   Sorcerer Supreme    3 1 4 3
43 Gambit     Ace in the Hole     3 3 3 2
44 Ghost Rider    Johnny Blaze     2 2 2 2
45 Green Goblin   Goblin-Lord      3 3 2 3
46 Hawkeye     Longbow       3 4 1 2
47 Loki     Trickster      4 1 4 3
48 Magneto     Former Comrade     2 3 2 2
49 Mr. Fantastic   Brilliant Scientist    1 3 2 2
50 Mystique    Unknown       2 1 4 2
51 Nick Fury    Mr. Anger      2 1 3 2
52 Nightcrawler   Fuzzy Elf      2 3 1 3
53 Nova     Quasar       4 2 3 3
54 Phoenix     Ms. Psyche      3 3 2 1
55 Professor X    Principal      2 2 3 4
56 Punisher    McRook       3 3 3 4
57 Rogue     Anna Raven      3 4 3 3
58 Silver Surfer   Silverado     2 2 3 4
59 Thing     Ever-lovin' Blue-Eyed  3 3 3 2
60 Venom     Eddie Brock      2 2 2 1
61 War Machine    Combat Comrade     3 2 3 3
62 Wolverine    Wildboy       2 4 1 3
63 Mjolnir     Fist of the Righteous  2 3 2 2
64 Vibranium Shield  One of a Kind     3 2 2 3

Common Box 1 75
Common Box 2 75
Common Box 3 75
Common Box 4 75

65 Angel     Avenging Angel     1 2 1 1
66 Beast     Kreature      0 1 2 1
67 Captain America   Sentinel of Liberty    1 1 2 1
68 Colossus    Russian Bear     1 1 2 1
69 Cyclops     If Looks Could Kill    1 1 0 1
70 Deadpool    Jack       1 1 1 0
71 Doctor Doom    Nemesis       1 1 1 2
72 Doctor Octopus   Fully Armed      1 2 1 0
73 Doctor Strange   Master of the Mystic.. 1 1 0 2
74 Gambit     Le Diable Blanc     2 1 2 1
75 Ghost Rider    Spirit of Vengence    1 1 1 1
76 Hawkeye     Br'er Hawkeye     0 1 1 1
77 Hulk     Green Goliath     2 1 2 0
78 Human Torch    Johnny Storm     2 1 1 1
79 Iron Man    Billionaire      1 1 1 1
80 Loki     Illusionist      0 1 1 0
81 Magneto     Holocaust Survivor    0 0 2 1
82 Mystique    Shape Shifter     1 1 0 1
83 Nick Fury    WWII Veteran     1 1 1 0
84 Nightcrawler   Abandoned      1 1 1 2
85 Nova     Bucket Head      2 1 1 1
86 Phoenix     Redd       0 1 1 2
87 Professor X    Powerful Telepath    2 1 1 0
88 Punisher    Vigilante      1 0 1 0
89 Rogue     Anna Marie      1 1 1 1
90 Silver Surfer   Sentinel      1 1 0 2
91 Spider-Man    Wall-Crawler     1 1 0 1
92 Storm     Wind-Rider      1 1 2 1
93 Thing     Grim Ben      1 2 1 1
94 Thor     God of Thunder     1 1 1 2
95 Venom     Mac Gargan      1 1 1 1
96 War Machine    Parnell Jacobs     1 1 0 2
97 Mjolnir     Forged by Odin     1 0 1 1
98 Vibranium Shield  Irreplaceable     1 1 1 1

Uncommon Box 1 34
Uncommon Box 2 34
Uncommon Box 3 35
Uncommon Box 4 34

99 Angel     Soaring       0 0 0 1
100 Black Widow    Killer Instinct     1 1 0 0
101 Colossus    Piotr Rasputin     0 1 0 0
102 Cyclops     Scott Summers     0 0 0 0 missing
103 Deadpool    Chiyonosaki      1 0 1 0
104 Doctor Doom    Victor       1 1 1 0
105 Doctor Octopus   Mad Scientist     1 0 1 0
106 Doctor Strange   Probably a Charlatan   0 1 0 1
107 Gambit     Cardsharp      0 0 1 0
108 Ghost Rider    Brimstone Biker     0 0 0 0 missing
109 Green Goblin   Norman Osborn     1 1 0 1
110 Hawkeye     Robin Hood      0 0 0 1
111 Loki     Gem-Keeper      0 0 1 1
112 Magneto     Sonderkommando     0 0 0 0 missing
113 Mr. Fantastic   The Invsibile Man    0 0 0 1
114 Mystique    Could Be Anyone     0 1 0 1
115 Nick Fury    Patch       1 1 0 1
116 Nightcrawler   Circus Freak     1 0 1 0
117 Nova     The Human Rocket    0 0 1 0
118 Phoenix     Jeannie       0 0 0 0 missing
119 Professor X    Charles Francis Xavier 0 0 0 0 missing
120 Punisher    Big Nothing      0 0 0 1
121 Rogue     Can't Touch This    0 0 1 0
122 Silver Surfer   Sky-Rider      0 0 0 0 missing
123 Thing     Idol of Millions    0 0 0 0 missing
124 Venom     Angelo Fortunato    1 0 1 0
125 War Machine    James Rhodes     0 0 1 0
126 Wolverine    Formerly Weapon Ten    0 1 0 0
127 Mjolnir     Thor's Hammer     1 1 0 0
128 Vibranium Shield Cap's Protection     1 1 0 1

Rare Box 1 10
Rare Box 2 10
Rare Box 3 10
Rare Box 4 10

129 Black Widow    Tsarina       0 0 0 0 missing
130 Green Goblin   Gobby       0 0 0 0 missing
131 Mr. Fantastic   Elastic       1 1 0 0
132 Wolverine    Canucklehead     0 0 0 1

Super-Rare Box 1 1
Super-Rare Box 2 1
Super-Rare Box 3 0
Super-Rare Box 4 1

       Total Box 1      120 
Total Box 2 120 
Total Box 3 120
Total Box 4 120
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:


2 Gravity feeds should get you all commons & uncommons (plus many, many duplicates), and a near complete set of dice (by which I mean max usable dice for each character). You'll be missing some rares, somewere between 10 & 20 depending on your luck, and you'll have 2 of the 4 super rares if you're lucky, or none if you're not. After that extra gravity feeds will bring diminishing returns, so you may be best going to the secondary market to satisfy your completist needs.


I am currently at two gravity feed boxes and 10 rares short of having everything but the super rares. At this point I am not sure if the secondary market is the best bet. I priced the cards I needed on Ebay and I got a feeling that the prices to buy them all would average out to around $5-8 each. The price of a gravity feed online is under $50. Each gravity feed has about 10 rares, it seems that rare for rare trades are fairly easy to work out. At this point I am thinking the cheapest way to compete the set if I wanted is to buy a third gravity feed and try to trade duplicate rares for the ones I need. However, that will give me more commons, uncommons, and dice than I will ever need.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanXor wrote:
bazpoint wrote:


2 Gravity feeds should get you all commons & uncommons (plus many, many duplicates), and a near complete set of dice (by which I mean max usable dice for each character). You'll be missing some rares, somewere between 10 & 20 depending on your luck, and you'll have 2 of the 4 super rares if you're lucky, or none if you're not. After that extra gravity feeds will bring diminishing returns, so you may be best going to the secondary market to satisfy your completist needs.


I am currently at two gravity feed boxes and 10 rares short of having everything but the super rares. At this point I am not sure if the secondary market is the best bet. I priced the cards I needed on Ebay and I got a feeling that the prices to buy them all would average out to around $5-8 each. The price of a gravity feed online is under $50. Each gravity feed has about 10 rares, it seems that rare for rare trades are fairly easy to work out. At this point I am thinking the cheapest way to compete the set if I wanted is to buy a third gravity feed and try to trade duplicate rares for the ones I need. However, that will give me more commons, uncommons, and dice than I will ever need.


Yea, you might be right that a 3rd box is the optimum way to complete the rares, provided you're happy to do trading...the problem comes with the supers. All depends how well the secondary prices hold up I suppose. I can't really see how it makes sense that the Rs + SRs from a gravity feed add up to more than the price of said gravity feed - I don't have much experience with CCG secondaries though so maybe that is how it works?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:

I can't really see how it makes sense that the Rs + SRs from a gravity feed add up to more than the price of said gravity feed - I don't have much experience with CCG secondaries though so maybe that is how it works?


Mostly because you're no longer taking a gamble. Let's say in a box of 60 you get 10 rares and sell them for $10 each. You walk away about $40 richer because the people who bought them paid $10 for the one card they wanted rather than gambling on 9 or less packs and hoping they'd get that one rare (they probably wouldn't).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PhoenixPez wrote:
bazpoint wrote:

I can't really see how it makes sense that the Rs + SRs from a gravity feed add up to more than the price of said gravity feed - I don't have much experience with CCG secondaries though so maybe that is how it works?


Mostly because you're no longer taking a gamble. Let's say in a box of 60 you get 10 rares and sell them for $10 each. You walk away about $40 richer because the people who bought them paid $10 for the one card they wanted rather than gambling on 9 or less packs and hoping they'd get that one rare (they probably wouldn't).


Yea, I see your point - but in the scenario you mentioned surely no-one would buy the rares for $10 - they would buy their own feeds, keep either the rare they want or one they could trade for it, and sell the rest for a profit, plus the bonus of a possible SR. So surely card prices will naturally trend towards (value of gravity feed)/(value of likely cards in feed + profit), where the profit is small enough that only people dedicated enough to turn over bulk can be bothered with it. I suppose I should've said above "I can't really see how it makes sense that the Rs + SRs from a gravity feed add up much to more than the price of said gravity feed"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarimy Springer
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I purchased 23 loose boosters at 2 of my venues. I then purchased 3 CTD's for $123 shipped online.

I ended up missing 2 SRs and 5 rares.

I ended up with 7 extra rares, every uncommon extra except for 3, and a bunch of common extras.

I also ended up with a full play set of dice (max use for every character) and a bunch of spare dice.

I can't complain at all, especially after selling multiple starter sets to recoup a bunch of the money. After all the trading I will have ended up with a full set minus 1 SR, a starter, and a bunch of extras for around $105.

I should hopefully be able to trade the extras or sell them and get the last SR no problem.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.