Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Williams
United Kingdom
Beckenham, KENT
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi

I'm currently in the middle of my 3rd game and one player has stumbled upon something that seems wrong. Its a 3 player game. Two players have camped, leaving just one player active. She played powwow, collected several indians, then took her next turn straight away, since she is the only player still active. She played an indian on the board, collected resources then took her next turn and did the same, then played the shaman again to retake powwow, therefore taking back all the indians she had played and carried on.

We can see no end to this. As long as she gets at least one food, she will always be able to place an indian on the shaman area and take back all of the indians previously placed then start the cycle again. This doesn't move her forward on the river but it means she can buy up all the character cards - theoretically the entire deck.

I am aware you can only take one compulsory action per turn, she is doing this but as a series of never ending consecutive turns as she is the only active player left.

Any help much appreciated. Asap please since we've stopped mid game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Williams
United Kingdom
Beckenham, KENT
flag msg tools
mbmb
Doh! I think we have just realised our own error. First the rules say take back your cards when you camp thereby preventing them from being reused - tho this still allows someone to reuse their own cards via shaman - but a bigger revelation is that we've probably played the entire game wrong!

For some reason we assumed that when you camp, you're out and pass your turn till everyone has camped, whereupon you all collect your cards and start again (in me defence probably from playing too much Terra Mystica and Twilight Imperium, where a pass does just that). When instead you should camp, then carry on playing just as before, right?

Apologies for being so dense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunmachine wrote:
Two players have camped, leaving just one player active. She played powwow, collected several indians, then took her next turn straight away, since she is the only player still active.

This is the bit puzzling me. What do you mean "still active"? Having camped doesn't make you inactive - indeed you can camp before you take your compulsory action(CA). If you camp after your CA you don't miss a turn or anything so why did she "then took her next turn straight away". After she played powwow the other players get their turns.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the question.

Edit : Oops - ninja'd by the questioner! Glad you've got that sorted - enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédrick Chaboussit
France
Niort
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After her compulsory action, it's the turn of the player on her left.

Camp does not stop you from playing, there is no "classic" end of turn in L&C.

Hope it helps ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Spears
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
OverText intentionally left blank.
badge
Reach in to find out!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunmachine wrote:
When instead you should camp, then carry on playing just as before, right?

Yep! And I'll bet this will make for much better games now! One of the interesting things about camping is that you can do it before taking your Action... And sometimes you have to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.