Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased FC a few weeks ago and haven't had a chance to play yet. I was reading the shield rules and the reenforcement rules are a little unclear. I understand you use your energy tokens to reenforce the shields up to the number of batteries you have. My questions:

1) Is the power applied per volly? So if I have a Fed CA and I'm being fired on by two D6 on shields 3 and 5. With 4 batteries I can block up to 4 points of damage by paying 4 points of power. Do I pay 4 points per shield (for a total of 8) to block damage or is it 4 points and that reenfoces all shields?

2) On a future impulse do you pay additional points to block damage or are the points already applied carried over?

I've played SFB in the past and I'm guessing that the power has to be applied per shield being reenforced so for Q1 to reduce damage on two shields would cost 8 points of power. As for Q2: since it's a different impulse any reenforcement would need to be paid for at that time.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Tenhoff
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,

surprised no one got back to you on this.

1) Power is applied seperatly per Volley. So you would spend 4 points to stop 4 damage from D6 #1 and another 4 points to stop 4 damage from D6 #2. Even if on the same shield.

2) Power is not carried over, so on the next impulse(s) you have to pay again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats kind of what I figured. Didn't make sense any other way. I'm looking forward to getting time to play, just need to finish working on the house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Calder
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
It should also be noted that each volley is resolved seperatly. So if we changed your example so that the two D6 hit the same shield and the first volley destroyed the shield you would not be able to reinforce the shields against the 2nd volley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.