Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Abramowitz
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the description of how to layout the Tholian web every turn of the next OP is confusing. What I would like to give my OP players is a cheatsheet that shows what the current state of the web should look like at the start of every turn - I think this would be easier to visualize than the construction rules. Has anyone create such a set of pictures yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GLM
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Hey Phil. I just posted this for some of my friends to use as reference. It shows the start setup and what the map will look like at the end of each turn. You can move through the video without playing with the arrow keys if you need to see a specific turn. Enjoy!

Attack Wing: Tholian Web Map Reference
http://youtu.be/Gqi1qBFcfmw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was posted by another user here on BGG and is an excellent cheat sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Ender02 wrote:
This was posted by another user here on BGG and is an excellent cheat sheet.

I agree.
This is the best I've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GLM
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Only problem with the cheat sheet is that it numbers the turns wrong. The game starts with what it numbered 1 and at the end of turn 1 you place what is numbered 2. Otherwise it works well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just remind players to keep moving the guides forward each turn to help line up the long pieces as they build the web each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
tb55555 wrote:
Only problem with the cheat sheet is that it numbers the turns wrong. The game starts with what it numbered 1 and at the end of turn 1 you place what is numbered 2. Otherwise it works well.

For anyone interested, I used my extremely meager Paint.net skills and took the liberty of renumbering the above diagram, starting with 0.
The numbers now run 0 thru 7.
Assuming it's okay with the original artist, I'll upload the revised diagram, assuming I can figure out how.
Or...
I'd be more than happy to e-mail someone the revised diagram so that they can upload it.

I can be reached at:
ksmith19@cox.net

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, the original diagram is not wrong really. The numbers are what it looks like at the start of each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
OK - corrected copy.

I made the first one in a bit of a rush, so I forgot the first segments were placed at setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.