Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Takenoko» Forums » General

Subject: Difference in quality between the "Pegasus" and "Matagot" Publisher Editions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benedikt Luedeke
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
Hey there,

i'm going to buy a german takenoko edition. amazon tells me that there are two different publishments:

"Pegasus Spiele" Takenoko (2014, the latest version of the game i think)

"Matagot" Takenoko (2011)

Are there any differences in quality of the tiles, or cards or boards? Or is it reglardless which publicher i choose?

Thanks for helping me out!

greets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Both games are manufactured by Matagot so no difference whatsoever except Pegasus Edition is in German. Older versions (first and second editions of Matagot games had different miniatures. For 2011 edition it could be the case. No other difference in my eyes but others can comment maybe better.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedikt Luedeke
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
Thanks! Couldn't wait for an answer and ordered the Matagot Edition (2011). If Amazon isn't lying it's in german language too. Lets wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carighan Maconar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me curious, does anyone have more information about the Pegasus edition?

Is it german-only? Is the previous one multilanguage, by contrast?
Or is there no text at all on the tiles and cards and I can just explain the rules themselves in english to non-german friends (we have a lot, so we buy most of our games in english and I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.