Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/the-purge-reviews-a...

Please see my review of the base game here:

Conclusion:

This is a much needed expansion. It really adds some layers to the base game. The base game came off a tad bland, but this is adding layers and I assume future expansions will do the same. If you are going to play this game, I would always play with the expansion, even your first game.

You do not get a ton of cards in the box, but the price is cheap. The cards are important for the game though. If you are going to play the base, this a must expansion.

Components:

All you get is a small deck of cards. The cards are the same good quality of the base game.

Rule Book:

The expansion does not come with the rule book. The rules are included with the base game.

Flow of the Game:

Here is what the expansion adds (more cards):

1. Events - They get shuffled in the main deck. When drawn, all players implement the event. These remain in affect until the next event is drawn. Ex: rotate the card ring twice, extra combat to finale, all players draw + 1.

2. Location - Shuffled into main deck. When drawn, they are placed next to the enemies. They can either add to their combat or get a reward when beat.

3. Stealth - Cards with stealth can be played face down and is a way to hide how much failure you have.

4. Finale - You get two extra bad guys to fight instead of the 1 that comes with the base game

5. More enemies - 10 extra cards, some are duplicates

6. More general cards - 8 new cards; nothing ground breaking; some duplicates

7. Classes - You get a class before the game starts (2 different to choose from and a traitor); Each class has a level 1 and 2; You can use this power once per turn; it cost 3 XP to level up

Should I buy this Game?:

If you are gong to play the base game, this is a necessary expansion. Hands down, no questions asked.

You cannot use this without the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.