Please check out my other reviews at:
Please see my review of the base game here:
This is a much needed expansion. It really adds some layers to the base game. The base game came off a tad bland, but this is adding layers and I assume future expansions will do the same. If you are going to play this game, I would always play with the expansion, even your first game.
You do not get a ton of cards in the box, but the price is cheap. The cards are important for the game though. If you are going to play the base, this a must expansion.
All you get is a small deck of cards. The cards are the same good quality of the base game.
The expansion does not come with the rule book. The rules are included with the base game.
Flow of the Game:
Here is what the expansion adds (more cards):
1. Events - They get shuffled in the main deck. When drawn, all players implement the event. These remain in affect until the next event is drawn. Ex: rotate the card ring twice, extra combat to finale, all players draw + 1.
2. Location - Shuffled into main deck. When drawn, they are placed next to the enemies. They can either add to their combat or get a reward when beat.
3. Stealth - Cards with stealth can be played face down and is a way to hide how much failure you have.
4. Finale - You get two extra bad guys to fight instead of the 1 that comes with the base game
5. More enemies - 10 extra cards, some are duplicates
6. More general cards - 8 new cards; nothing ground breaking; some duplicates
7. Classes - You get a class before the game starts (2 different to choose from and a traitor); Each class has a level 1 and 2; You can use this power once per turn; it cost 3 XP to level up
Should I buy this Game?:
If you are gong to play the base game, this is a necessary expansion. Hands down, no questions asked.
You cannot use this without the base game.