Subject: Consequences of being wiped out during campaign? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
If all the mice are captured during a chapter in a campaign, the rules say it's up to you whether you want to attempt the chapter again or simply move on to the next one.

What about items found on your failed attempt that were in your pack when you were captured, or new abilities you learned during that chapter? Do you keep them, regardless of whether you choose to start over or skip ahead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Rysgaard
Denmark
Aarhus
Midtjylland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that you should pretend that the failed attemp never happened, items and abilities are gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can remember what items/abilities each mouse kept at the start of the chapter, I would restart using those items only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I always make a note of chapter-start items and skills, and return to that point if we fail the chapter.

Edit: usually the "note" is a quick pic or 2 with a mobile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar to the above suggestions, I treat the break between each chapter as a sort of 'save point'. If I fail in a chapter, I just revert back to the 'save point' and start the chapter again with the exact same setup as I did the previous time. The minor exception is that I may swap in a different mouse to try and change it up a bit, but nothing lost and nothing gained in the failed attempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, all of that would be my presumption as well, but does anyone know if the true intent of the designer has ever been communicated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it depends on if your preferences. I like playing where death has a more severe consequence, in that each dead mouse must discard a random item. The more often you die, the more difficult it gets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Yup, all of that would be my presumption as well, but does anyone know if the true intent of the designer has ever been communicated?

Jerry is one of the most active designers on the geek. If he hasn't answered this yet, which I think he has, he will soon.

I will try to find something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest you return to the status your mice were at just before starting the failed chapter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeez, 7 minutes Jerry, you are slipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
I suggest you return to the status your mice were at just before starting the failed chapter.

Awesome, thanks Jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
I suppose it depends on if your preferences. I like playing where death has a more severe consequence, in that each dead mouse must discard a random item. The more often you die, the more difficult it gets.

How many items do your mice typically have that aren't part of their starting equipment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
grahamj wrote:

How many items do your mice typically have that aren't part of their starting equipment?

They are limited to carrying forward just one item, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
darthnice wrote:
grahamj wrote:

They are limited to carrying forward just one item, no?

That's where I'm going...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh. Sorry! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.