Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After you place a Buddha figure, what happens with ghost placement? Can I choose to place a ghost on top of the Buddha, and have it immediately destroyed? If my board has two ghosts and 1 Buddha, do I draw a ghost during the Yin phase, or do I lose 1 qi?

I looked a little bit, and couldn't find this addressed in, eg, the "Idiot's Guide". Is there some definitive source I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
After you place a Buddha figure, what happens with ghost placement? Can I choose to place a ghost on top of the Buddha, and have it immediately destroyed?
Yes. And the Buddha gets returned to that tile whence it came from.

dthurston wrote:
If my board has two ghosts and 1 Buddha, do I draw a ghost during the Yin phase, or do I lose 1 qi?
You do draw. Buddha doesn't count as taking up space as far as ghosts and being overrun is concerned, so you would draw a ghost (card) in this case. If it matches that color board, then hopefully it's one you wanted to auto-kill because you have no choice but to place it on the Buddha in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose where to place a ghost. So if a board has two empty spaces, one of which had a Buddha, you can choose either spot; one of which pops the ghost while the other does not.

If the board where the ghost is supposed to go has only one empty space which has a Buddha, then the ghost goes there (the board is NOT considered full). The ghost will pop, unless it's an incarnation of Wu-Feng, then the incarnation is placed and Buddha just goes back to its square (bummer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.