Xia: Legends of a Drift System» Forums » General

Subject: Working together in Xia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canyon Lynn
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Is it possible to work together in xia, IE being a pirate band, because when you destroy another ship the person who dealt final damage gets the reward, Is it possible to "split" the rewards and be a pirate gang of 2, Because that would allow more player interaction and people could work together stake out territory and force players to pay in order to go through their "asteroid field" (Although by doing this I think this should FORCE the enforcer to go and attack them)

Im not sure if this is even remotely possible in the rules, But to me it sounds like a fun variant (Trading, splitting, money and rewards for different reasons)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Crowder
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont remember that being in the rule, but it would be a decent house rule.

Or pirate crews could just rotate who deals the death blow..with the hope that they can trust each other.

Do not forget in the long run that their can only be one winner though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canyon Lynn
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
rcrowder wrote:
Do not forget in the long run that their can only be one winner though.

Well yeah, But it would be really fun killing your pirate friend in order to win the game, Backstabbing is fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kacz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the way Cody is talking about modding I should think anything is possible. I'm excited to see what variants and house rules people post here on BGG. Personally I'm wanting to be able to hire crew to give special abilities. Although I would think there would need to be a down side, maybe missions have lower rewards because you have to split the money with your crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've toyed with the idea of a 6 player variant called Wingman - where you would play 2v2v2 - and you'd win or lose as a team, sharing fame points, able to give energy to each other, and maybe attack together.

But I just haven't had the time to get it down and test it. I think it would be pretty easy to make happen, the primary issue would be testing for overpowered synergies...

Cheers, -Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canyon Lynn
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply cody, Rest assured if anything is too OP my group will instantly band together to destroy me! (And even if Im not the problem they will destroy me. Oh well, xia is cool)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacMartin
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be neat to see a variation some day with a Juggernaut or planet killer ship invading the system. Some time spent building up as the smugglers or merchants that you are, and then BAM! Invasion! Work together to destroy it so that it doesn't destroy the system!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kratochwill
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
I need to change this now that it's not football season.
badge
Almond crusted halibut, lemon crown, thin sliced radishes, parsley
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you could come up with alternate goals other than fame points. A large, highly powered ship shows up in the system, and you have to work together to destroy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.