Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Capps
United States
Milan
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Today we're going to take a look at a kickstarter game called Pushee Pieces. Pushee Pieces is a micro game where you place pieces on a board to score points. The catch? Every time you place a piece it pushes adjacent pieces onto other tiles. At the time of writing this game has 23 days left on kickstarter so if it sounds interesting to you, check it out. If you want to follow along with the review, you can find the rulebook in PDF form here. Let's get started!

Organization and Layout: Things are out of place. The rulebook starts with the major mechanic of the game which is good to know, but it hadn't even explained how turns work yet. Other then this everything else seems to be in place.

Clarity: Sometimes things were explained in a more complex fashion then necessary, it wasn't impossible to read but it wasn't fantastic either.

Graphics: While they explained things well which is important they just seemed bland in a bad way. Nothing in them stuck out particularly during explanations leaving them a bit jumbled at times.

Depth: "The Special Case" is covered within the rules and it does seem to cover everything necessary.

Writing: It looks like the creators of the game were looking for cute in their rulebook. Rulebooks are not for cute, they are to teach the game. A lot of the rulebook didn't have that professional feel that you expect from a rulebook and had a lot of fluff floating around.

But what does Susan have to say about it? On the Susan Rating Scale this rulebook gets:

One Curl Down

Susan's Explanation: The rulebook is readable and I can still play the game but there are just a lot of glaring flaws. It's still not quite bad enough to get two curls down since it is usable, but it's definitely not a good rulebook.

Agree or disagree with us? Let us know below! If you'd like to see more rulebook related goodness you can check out Rulebook Review or subscribe to our geeklist. Until next time: Every Game Deserves A Good Rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
how do the mechanics work? are the mechanics interesting and/or innovative? Is resulting strategy simple or emergent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Capps
United States
Milan
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sundaysilence wrote:
how do the mechanics work? are the mechanics interesting and/or innovative? Is resulting strategy simple or emergent?

That's not for me to answer on this one. I'm just reviewing the rulebook itself here, it's kinda my thing. If you're interested in learning more about the game and maybe finding a way to try it out there are links in the review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
yes I realized this after I posted. I read your candyland rules review and I liked that because I already know how it plays. This one I have not played so I was very curious about game play. But I see what you're saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Capps
United States
Milan
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sundaysilence wrote:
yes I realized this after I posted. I read your candyland rules review and I liked that because I already know how it plays. This one I have not played so I was very curious about game play. But I see what you're saying.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed one of my reviews! The game doesn't look impossible to make a PnP copy of, you could always try to give it a go that way if you wanted to give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.