Subject: More interaction/battle variant of the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Csaba Szabo
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi,

I was thinking to share my ideas about this game. When I first bought it and read the rules for me was screaming the problems in the game that makes it less interesting as it could be.
Basic problem for the game is the King´s Army. You fight to have upgraded army units for nothing and they out of the game. If everybody just upgrading without fight it has no interaction between players. So let´s take out King´s Army and put a new space: the Battlefield.
Here you must fight with your units for victory points, because just defeated enemy units/buildings worth VP!
We played with my friend with a couple of times with my house rules and I can tell, it was much more fun!

I share now my idea, and everybody is welcome to give a feedback or put more idea to make it even better. I just changed in the rulebook that parts which is effected with my idea, everything else is the same.

The Goal of the Game:

Each DESTROYED ENEMY building is worth 2 VP. Each DEFEATED ENEMY military unit is worth 1 VPs.
(Good to collect them by player in a separate discard pile.) There is no other way to get VPs.

The Map

Each player needs space to place the cards. You need space for a resource pile, a town, a wall and between the two walls a Battlefield. When recruiting new units they are always played at the town, and it's only in the town that you can upgrade units. From there, military units may move to the wall to better defend the town. From the wall, upgraded military units may move to the Battlefield. There is no way to go back from the Battlefield to the wall, or from wall to the town. To have Victory Points you need to defeat ENEMY units/buildings.

The Wall

While there is 1 or more units on a player's wall, no unit in his town may be targeted by attacks. Thus, units in a town can never be attacked in the same action as units on the wall.
But if the player choose to defend with them agains attack from the Battlefield, they also downgraded/discarded from the game. (Note that action cards (red cards) still may target units inside the town even though the defender has units on his wall).

Town
------
Wall |Discard Pile
------

Battlefield

------
Wall |Discard Pile
------
Town

Attacks

When using an Attack action, you choose any number of military units at the Battlefield - but not in your town and on your wall - to participate in the attack. To defend the other player may use units from the Battlefield, the wall (defend the siege) and the town (enemy is plundering the town).
If no enemy is at the Battlefield, the player automatically attack at the wall, if the wall is empty, he can attack building, military unit in the town, whatever he wants.
(Not so much play is behind my back, so I can imagine that with good strategy is so hard to defeat buildings that they worth 3 VP!)

So the meaning of the game to try to bring as many units to the Battlefield as possible! Otherwise you cannot generate Victory Points. Hopefully this makes the game more fun, because not just everybody try to develope his town, bring units to the King´s army and then is no interaction... In the original game you could have VP without fight. Here not.
If both player has 0 VP, then both lose begin a new game!

I hope you liked my ideas, and sorry for my bad english (not native speaker). This is my very first post in BGG so I am glad to have any suggestions.

It is a great game just needs some house rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.