Popular Tags: [View All]
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it make any difference if the investigators can correctly identify the phantom even if they haven't ruled out all the other suspects?
I was playing as the investigators. There were three suspects left. I intuited correctly that the phantom had to be Madame Giry, just from intuition and watching the phantom player's concerns. I tried to use my last turn to isolate Giry, but was unable to do so. Does it count as anything if I knew it was Giry but couldn't make it so that she was the only suspect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance Rushing
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son try's to do this every time, but suspecting and proving are two different things, your supposed to expose and prove who the Phantom is not just suspect. Kills the game play just guessing at who the phantom is, the whole game is creating situations to expose or conceal who the phantom is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
By the rules, as the investigator you must rule out every other suspect during in order to win. The designers other game, Mr Jack, the investigators are allowed to guess (by landing on the same space as a suspect - if that is Mr Jack they win, otherwise they lose)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to guess but this will help you to choose and move the correct characters to prevent yout opponent from hiding the guilty one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
I intuited correctly that the phantom had to be Madame Giry.
Thanks for the spoiler. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beri2 wrote:
jayelbird wrote:
I intuited correctly that the phantom had to be Madame Giry.
Thanks for the spoiler. shake

not really! The phantom changes randomly every gameplay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.