Subject: Agents of Shadaloo and Psycho Crusher rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alphonso McCutchen
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I feel a little uneasy about spamming the forum with a new thread every time I have a new question, but I guess that's what this forum is for?

Agents of Shadaloo
Anyway, Agents of Shadaloo reads, "For each Agents of Shadaloo you have already played this turn, +1 Power and draw a card." Suppose Mystic Yogi draws an Agents of Shadaloo and plays it twice. The second play of Agents of Shadaloo would count the first play and generate the bonus, correct? If I subsequently play another Agents of Shadaloo from my hand, how many "already played" Agents of Shadaloo would it count?

Psycho Crusher
Psycho Crusher reads, "+2 Power for each different non-Starter card you play or have played this turn." Usually cards of this sort have reminder text saying, "including this one," but this card doesn't. Does that mean it does not count itself as a non-Starter card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Agents of Shadaloo - yes, if you play it twice, then then second time you play it you get the bonuses, and if you play another agents of shadaloo card you get the bonus again.

Psycho Crusher - It is a non-starter card and you have played it, so you get the power for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alphonso McCutchen
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
Agents of Shadaloo - yes, if you play it twice, then then second time you play it you get the bonuses, and if you play another agents of shadaloo card you get the bonus again.

I guess I should clarify: the card says you get the bonus for each Agents of Shadaloo you have already played. So the question is this: if the same Agents of Shadaloo is played twice, would a subsequent Agents of Shadaloo count how many Agents of Shadaloo cards were played or how many times Agents of Shadaloo was played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shadaloo you played twice would count as playing two Shadaloo for the next one you play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dawkins
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystic Yogi specifically says you play the card twice. So if you draw Agents with it you'd get a total of 3 Power and 1 card draw from that one, and it counts as 2 Agents played for any future ones you play for that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the second agent would give you +2 power and draw a card,

And the third agent would give you +3 power and draw one or two cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Third Agent will give you +3 Power and draw 2 cards.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suicyd King
United States
New York
flag msg tools
notthephonz wrote:

Psycho Crusher
Psycho Crusher reads, "+2 Power for each different non-Starter card you play or have played this turn." Usually cards of this sort have reminder text saying, "including this one," but this card doesn't. Does that mean it does not count itself as a non-Starter card?

Also remember that Psycho Crusher references different card types, not different cards. So it's looking for equipment, hero, villain, etc, not (e.g.) Ken Masters and a Cammy Delta Red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.