Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary M
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fitting the same FA strategy of cheap end the run ice, instant econ, and biotic labor. Shi.Kyu adds a whole new element to the FA genre, not to mention the Harmony Medtech lets you win sooner and get through a smaller deck.

Jinteki FA (40 cards)

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer

Agenda (9)
3 Braintrust
3 Medical Breakthrough
2 NAPD Contract
1 Philotic Entanglement

Asset (3)
3 Shi.Kyu

Operation (13)
3 Biotic Labor ••••• ••••• ••
3 Celebrity Gift
1 Fast Track
3 Hedge Fund
3 Medical Research Fundraiser

Barrier (6)
3 Himitsu-Bako
3 Paper Wall

Code Gate (6)
3 Datapike
3 Quandary

Sentry (3)
3 Guard

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M.
msg tools
I like the look of this, a jinteki rush deck in the style of TWIY*. Shi-kyu is an interesting trap to go with this, but will you have the money to spend to make them want to take that -1 agenda point? Since every agenda counts in medtech, both for you and the runner, I think you can afford to decrease agenda density, and increase your econ a bit. I'd go with +1 fast track, and +3 restructure to put you at 44 cards, the extra fast track will help you find agendas quickly even though you are at 44. I think you might be able to change your ice a bit too. I understand that its a rush deck, but I think you might run into some trouble against a shaper that can get their rig out quickly since all of your ice is very very cheap to break. Chimera is great in rush decks since it requires all three breakers to get through. I'd look putting in some ice that's a bit higher str, but still not incredibly expensive. All of your code gates are immediately nullified by yog, I know that breaker variation is increasing, but its still something to worry about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just use San Sans with Caprice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary M
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO SanSan with Caprice might take a while to setup.

Id really hate to go past 40, kills the point of using the ID.

With 12 instant econ cards I think its ok, but I want to get into some hardcore playtesting before I say its enough.

All good suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Goldfarb Styrt
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does going to 44 kill the point of using the ID? After all, you're still 5 cards lower than a 49 card deck with the additional agenda points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M.
msg tools
mmmbraaains wrote:
Id really hate to go past 40, kills the point of using the ID.

With 12 instant econ cards I think its ok, but I want to get into some hardcore playtesting before I say its enough.

while I'd normally agree with that, id say that having fast track allows you to put more cards in, without sacrificing your ability to get agendas out consistently. I think that with only six points to win, its important to keep agenda density down so that you can better protect from an early R&D dig.

But I agree with you, more play testing is probably necessary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 4 more cards before you have to throw another agenda in. I would take advantage of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
In NBN:TWIY I play 44 as well for just this reason. The extra ice and econ will be appreciated while you play as will the lower agenda density in R&D. The power of TWIY is the agenda selection you can use when you go down to 18 agenda points. For example 3x Braintrust, 3x Philotic Entanglement, 3x Medical Breakthrough means all FA Agendas without having to throw in 1 pointers.

I wonder without Astroscript or Achive Memories how well this will perform mid game. You might not get that last Biotic. Too bad you don't have any TOL targets to give you some redundancy if your scoring remote falls part quickly or alternately more Fast Tracks to finish off the Medical Breakthrough chain. More Fast Tracks might be the way to go since you don't have any draw accelerators. With no "mean" ice to go on HQ you open yourself up to the many horrible Runner Events that queue off HQ runs mid game, which is all the more reason to try and grab those agendas as soon as possible.

I haven't tried a Harmony FA deck yet. It's too close to how I was just playing with NBN:TWIY so I wanted to try out some of the other options first.

add: 3x Philotic Entanglement is illegal see below. Don't want to give anyone crazy ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
3x Philotic Entanglement

You are not allowed more than 1 Philotic Entanglement in your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me I've not played this style deck yet. Yeah so not 3x Philotics, but I think everyone gets the idea. NAPD Contract is probably the next best thing. I don't think you want 4x House of Knives and Clone Retirements for obvious reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
(...)(I don't think you want 4x House of Knives and Clone Retirements for obvious reasons.

Deck legality?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant a combination of the two of course. This has been an awesome thread for me I can't seem to talk this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M.
msg tools
I just thought of a great addition to this deck. Inazuma. I'd pull out 2x of your datapike for it. If you put inazuma as the only ice over archives, the runner cannot jack out unless they break it, and they must access all cards in archives. This can help your shi-kyus hit after they've been trashed/discarded. It also has good utility elsewhere, it can suddenly give all of your ETR ice a boost in taxation. At two sucker tokens for yog, five creds for gordian blade, and even three creds for torch, it can help late-early game or midgame to help keep the taxation up if you haven't won yet. At only three to rez it keeps your ice inexpensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steevo15 wrote:
I just thought of a great addition to any deck ever. Inazuma.

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drace Zhan
msg tools
steevo15 wrote:
I just thought of a great addition to this deck. Inazuma. I'd pull out 2x of your datapike for it. If you put inazuma as the only ice over archives, the runner cannot jack out unless they break it, and they must access all cards in archives. This can help your shi-kyus hit after they've been trashed/discarded. It also has good utility elsewhere, it can suddenly give all of your ETR ice a boost in taxation. At two sucker tokens for yog, five creds for gordian blade, and even three creds for torch, it can help late-early game or midgame to help keep the taxation up if you haven't won yet. At only three to rez it keeps your ice inexpensive.

I might have misunderstood the rules but I thought that archives are auto all accessed if there's a "run" on it. (assuming he doesn't jack out from encountering an ice previously) Inazuma alone on archives seem very pointless to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kissblade wrote:
steevo15 wrote:

I might have misunderstood the rules but I thought that archives are auto all accessed if there's a "run" on it. (assuming he doesn't jack out from encountering an ice previously) Inazuma alone on archives seem very pointless to me.

I agree it is generally useless, although it does make a difference to Replicating Perfection (since you don't need a successful run to satisfy RP, but Inazuma would prevent you from jacking out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
kissblade wrote:
steevo15 wrote:

There is a window to jack out before accessing, but if you're running in the first place, Inazuma alone isn't going to hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm testing almost the exact deck only I'm running 3x ice wall and 3x shadow for ice and TOL targets. I've never had a problem getting them advanced and fast track is amazing for this type deck. Last game I scored an early agenda by rushing (which is pretty necessary), then TOL the second one. Got lucky that my oppontent checked archives for Shi.Kyu and having the money was easy to get them to take that -1 agenda point. They ended up scoring 3 agendas (Indexing hit NAPD and Medical Breakthrough (MB). I was able to fast track to grab the 3 MB, install and TOL to score it; stupid powerful when it works well. I'm gonna try BL in there to see how I like it and drop shadows, but having them makes TOL so much easier. I also love Mental Health clinic for this. Money is great from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary M
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried replacing biotic with SanSan and upgrading some ice to Eli. It just got slower. I haven't had much luck with this deck so far. I do think Trick of Light might be the way to go as well as the card (can't think of the name right now) that allows you to advance something 3 times but not score it til later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.