Terrain pack
Eastern Front
Mediteranean theater
Pacific theater
Winterwars
Winter/desert board
Breaktrhough

Air pack as pdf and i printed the tokens
Campaign volume 1 and i printed the tokens.

1) What is confusing me is some of the rules on the reference cards which i printed from DoW site. For example the base reference cards in the base box are different from the latest ones and from the DoW site. Sandbags provides -1 in the base while they only provide -1 only on countryside hexs in the new card.. What abt a desert hex ? Snow ?

2 ) are the old cards (base game) obsolete ?

3) for airfields for example the DoW sitecards is green while for the mediteranean theaterits a desert background...any effect ?

4 ) same goes for italian command and italian high command ?

5) motorized division for italian troops apply applies for infantry ?

6) if the scenario says the rules of a nation are in effect...its only applicabale for the troops with the nation token ? Or all the units ?

7)late war and early war wepons are specified by the scenario or the date of the events ?

8) i did not get the equipment pack /overlord/maps expansions. Does it bring something else other than scenarios ?should i get them ?

9) a good solution to proxy air sortie and air pack planes ?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
christizzz wrote:
1) What is confusing me is some of the rules on the reference cards which i printed from DoW site. For example the base reference cards in the base box are different from the latest ones and from the DoW site. Sandbags provides -1 in the base while they only provide -1 only on countryside hexs in the new card.. What abt a desert hex ? Snow ?

Deset and snow hexes are functionally the same as countryside hexes. They just have different graphics to make it look themed.

The note about countryside and beach only is a roundabout way of saying defensive modifiers don't stack. When a town hex has sandbags on it the -1d from the town doesn't stack with the -1d from the sandbags to make -2d, it remains -1d.

christizzz wrote:
2 ) are the old cards (base game) obsolete ?

Mostly not I think, perhaps some changes, but I would use the newer ones.

christizzz wrote:
3) for airfields for example the DoW sitecards is green while for the mediteranean theaterits a desert background...any effect ?

All airfield hexes work the same no matter if they show green grass, snow, desert of jungle. The latest DoW card shows airfields with snow and jungle. The desert airfield tiles came out after that card was printed.

christizzz wrote:
4 ) same goes for italian command and italian high command ?

Scenarios printed before the Italian nations card was updated will not use Italian High Command. Only scenarios that mention using Italian High Command in the scenario special rules use it.

christizzz wrote:
5) motorized division for italian troops apply applies for infantry ?

It says "ground units", so infantry, armor, and artillery. Anything not flying or floating. Motorized divisions means they have trucks available (imaginary trucks, not actual in-game truck units) to move things around, men or equipment and supplies, so they are more mobile.

christizzz wrote:
6) if the scenario says the rules of a nation are in effect...its only applicabale for the troops with the nation token ? Or all the units ?

A scenario will mention for which units the rules apply. If it is not mentioned it applies to all units, independent of badges.

christizzz wrote:
7)late war and early war wepons are specified by the scenario or the date of the events ?

Scenarios will mention which version of weapons to use. Older scenarios came out before there were two kinds and will make no mention of it. These will use the early war kind, unless both players agree to update the weapons to late war weapons based on the scenario date.

christizzz wrote:
8) i did not get the equipment pack /overlord/maps expansions. Does it bring something else other than scenarios ?should i get them ?

They add many unit figures. The overlord expansion also adds an Overlord deck, unit tokens, and dice. The Stalingrad battlemap came with a deck of Urban Combat Cards.

christizzz wrote:
9) a good solution to proxy air sortie and air pack planes ?

Look for alternative airplane miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
1) What is confusing me is some of the rules on the reference cards which i printed from DoW site.

May I ask the link to this download?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:

Quote:
1) What is confusing me is some of the rules on the reference cards which i printed from DoW site.

May I ask the link to this download?

http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/cards_compen...

It's an online resource, so there's no easy way to download them all, and they're not print-quality, but they're all there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again,

Thank you for your answers. Concerning question 6, It was the scenario Hellfire Pass, where 3 infantry units were marked with the italian flag token. But the rules of the scenario doesnt precise if the Italian Command rules are applied for the hole troops ( german + Italian ) or only the italians...

thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
christizzz wrote:
Hello again,

Thank you for your answers. Concerning question 6, It was the scenario Hellfire Pass, where 3 infantry units were marked with the italian flag token. But the rules of the scenario doesnt precise if the Italian Command rules are applied for the hole troops ( german + Italian ) or only the italians...

thank you

Italian army rules never apply to German troops. In this scenario the Italian Command Rules only apply to three units that belong to the Italian army, marked with italian flag badges to distinguish them from the Germans. Italian units use the generic Axis figures so the scenario will always say which units are Italian.

With other nations, British for example, the Nations rules could apply to all or a subsection, with or without specific badges. If nothing is mentioned it applies to all units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an alternative to the "official" air pack rules, which I don't use, you can download the air rules I came up with, here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9f7k5sgeh9/Air_Rules_...

My rules allow for strafing, bombing, recon, kamikazee, air interdiction, "true" ground interdiction, and anti-air artillery.

There are no complicated "air check" rolls to see if an airplane continues flying, and ground units get a shot at aircraft flying over.

My system also more accurately reflects the speed difference between units on the ground moving and air units flying overhead.
In my system, air units fly in, attack, and fly out to land and re-fuel and re-arm.

You might download them and give them a try!

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <
http://militarywargaming.com (gaming and miniatures)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Savin
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
question! If I pay .PDF air pack did I get everything from that expansion I need to play except minis? thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wuradosan wrote:
question! If I pay .PDF air pack did I get everything from that expansion I need to play except minis? thx

You can compare to the Components listed on the Memoir '44: Air Pack page:
- 30 terrain tiles
- 12 take off markers
- 6 obstacle tiles
- 120 compendium cards (same as on DoW website)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.