Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Peterson
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

The Games Cellar has an offer now for 50% off what appears to be all stock. Use coupon code BC01052014.

While this is a UK store, they do offer good shipping prices to USA.

http://www.thegamescellar.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joeincolorado wrote:
Hi all,

The Games Cellar has an offer now for 50% off what appears to be all stock. Use coupon code BC01052014.

This is no reflection on the sale, but I wonder if they're really going out of business this time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
joeincolorado wrote:
Hi all,

This is no reflection on the sale, but I wonder if they're really going out of business this time?

this also looks like a dup (or xposted) to hot deals europe

The Games Cellar - Closing Down Sale - Up to 50% Off

I don't see any hot prices, and no indication of "good shipping prices to USA"

base poster, suggestion... please edit subject to put "[UK]" in there to save folks like myself the bait/switch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Skirvin
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
/Hi there!/ *Yeah, we're still around*
badge
<FISH><
mbmbmbmbmb
1862 for ~$82 with shipping is a pretty good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Peterson
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
joeincolorado wrote:
Hi all,

base poster, suggestion... please edit subject to put "[UK]" in there to save folks like myself the bait/switch

I didn't mean to cause any type of bait & switch situation. The prices, in my mind, are rather good as I was able to purchase 14 games for $220 dollars plus shipping to America (which was around $25). I just thought I'd pass the information on as I figured this was a pretty "hot deal".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see anything which was a "must have" for me. With the discount, some things were a bit cheaper, even taking the shipping into account (if you ordered enough).

If they had The Great Zimbabwe in stock, I'd have jumped on it, but they didn't, so I decided to pass...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joeincolorado wrote:
I was able to purchase 14 games for $220 dollars plus shipping to America (which was around $25). I just thought I'd pass the information on as I figured this was a pretty "hot deal".

I couldn't agree more.

Just as much a hot deal as anything at MM where it only offers a real savings if you're ordering $100 to get free shipping. (but is otherwise cheaper from Amazon or close)

Obviously the shipping kills a lot of these deals if you're only interested in a single title but if you're buying multiple games the shipping doesn't increase with every item added.

I went from 2 to 5 games in my cart and the shipping stayed 15.99 which made it increasingly more attractive the more I bought. In the end I wound up getting games for almost 50% off what it would cost me from anywhere else here in the US shipped.

With a number of titles from my want list in stock which aren't even available at major retailers stateside like Promised Land: 1250-587 BC and 1862: Railway Mania in the Eastern Counties this was a SUPER hot deal for me personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joeincolorado wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
joeincolorado wrote:
Hi all,

I didn't mean to cause any type of bait & switch situation. The prices, in my mind, are rather good as I was able to purchase 14 games for $220 dollars plus shipping to America (which was around $25). I just thought I'd pass the information on as I figured this was a pretty "hot deal".

You didn't cause any bait and switch. Some posters have a long history of trying to moderate the hot deals section despite the fact that the REAL admins have REPEATEDELY asked them to refrain from doing so.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either their search engine sucks or they don't have anything I want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Giant
United States
Sitka
AK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

It seems a lot of small online stores would do themselves a great service by using better search engines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
joeincolorado wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
joeincolorado wrote:
Hi all,

You didn't cause any bait and switch. Some posters have a long history of trying to moderate the hot deals section despite the fact that the REAL admins have REPEATEDELY asked them to refrain from doing so.

Jorune

That's not really fair. Didn't you know that deals which aren't American in origin and that do not provide significant immediate benefit to them are killing this forum? You can hardly click on a thread anymore without it bringing up some nonsense about games, pricing and places to engage in commerce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zmapenguin wrote:
matthean wrote:

It seems a lot of small online stores would do themselves a great service by using better search engines.

I started to weed through their games and weren't finding them even going through them in alphabetical order. But yeah, I was looking at games on one site and they admitted that if a game is OOS, they don't even list it on their site until they have it in stock again. In other words, if it is OOS, you don't know if they carry it unless you contact them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just went to the Board and Card Games pages then selected view 100. When I started visiting other pages like "New", "Wargames", etc. it was all just dupes pulled from the main pages I'd already browsed.

Not saying the site doesn't suck. If something is out of stock you don't know that until you check your cart, and when you add to cart it takes you back to the top of the page which is annoying since you've got find your way back down to where you last were.

Still it only took a few minutes to browse the entire catalog and was well worth the trouble at least for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wiggins
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
joeincolorado wrote:
Hi all,

I'm getting Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space brand new shipped to my Texas door for $20. I'd say that's a pretty decent sale! Sure it'll probably take half a year to get it ("surface" shipping), but unless I want to spend $50+ I'm not going to get it anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$30 shipped for Magnum Sal Muria expansion is a great deal, considering it's so hard to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.