Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, i have the suspicion that the ships in this tabletop are all the same basemodels with just different paint jobs on them.. i can only see a difference between the frigattes and the bigger battleships but thats about it. is that correct? why isnt this as varied as its predecessor's planes in wings of glory? if my suspicion proofs to be true this is a real bummer.

what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
It is exactly as varied as Wings of Glory; there are 3 Paint Jobs for each model. There are currently 2 Frigate models and 2 Ships of the Line. When series two is released (very soon) there will be 4 more models, also with 3 paint jobs each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, thanks, i get it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pseudotheist wrote:
It is exactly as varied as Wings of Glory; there are 3 Paint Jobs for each model. There are currently 2 Frigate models and 2 Ships of the Line. When series two is released (very soon) there will be 4 more models, also with 3 paint jobs each.

This, but where 'exactly' means 'somewhat', since the paint jobs aren't nearly as distinctive or noticeable as for the planes. However, it seems that is what we should expect from wooden sailing ships. I'll have 28 ships after Wave 2 arrives, so it doesn't bother or disappoint me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
pseudotheist wrote:

This, but where 'exactly' means 'somewhat', since the paint jobs aren't nearly as distinctive or noticeable as for the planes. However, it seems that is what we should expect from wooden sailing ships. I'll have 28 ships after Wave 2 arrives, so it doesn't bother or disappoint me.

34 for me.....Yeouch.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
The differences between ships, paint wise, are more subtle than they were for some of the WWI aircraft...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This helps in game play...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1114755/small-bit-of-pimping...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like it was with real ships:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%A9m%C3%A9raire-class_ship_...

Basically the same ship over and over again...

But new classes will follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.