Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
55 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Borg Tactical Cube will be... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
6/0/9/7
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope it will be 10/0/10/10 like the one in the Voyager Scenario, but I doubt it. 60 points seems fair enough for a Tactical Cube though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't guessing. It's 6/0/9/7
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:
I wasn't guessing. It's 6/0/9/7


I think people would be less inclined to assume it was a guess if you gave some proof.

Though as to the 10/0/10/10... it was never going to be that. Different cubes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not going to/ can't provide proof. But it will absolutely be 6/0/9/7. The model is fairly large as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:
The model is fairly large as well.


Gee, I wonder if it'll look something like......snore


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably going to have to just accept some skepticism then.

Though the model being large is not news.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some fan boys are borderline intolerable. I suppose it would have been better to not share information with the group and avoid the mean girls emoticon responses. Silly me for thinking it would be nice to let people know.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:
Some fan boys are borderline intolerable. I suppose it would have been better to not share information with the group and avoid the mean girls emoticon responses. Silly me for thinking it would be nice to let people know.


A little emotional? I was just saying that people are obviously going to be skeptical that this is "true" or not without any proof. But yes, if you can't handle people not believing a completely unsubstantiated claim from some random dude on the internet, then you probably shouldn't have posted this. And who knew smiling facing were so offensive!!!

I, for one, don't really care whether you had provided proof or not, because we're going to see shortly anyway. We're likely less than 2-3 weeks from the wave 5 previews. And after that, new information is going to be pretty rapid fire. A bit off-topic, but pretty exciting.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
dond80 wrote:
Some fan boys are borderline intolerable. I suppose it would have been better to not share information with the group and avoid the mean girls emoticon responses. Silly me for thinking it would be nice to let people know.


A little emotional? I was just saying that people are obviously going to be skeptical that this is "true" or not without any proof. But yes, if you can't handle people not believing a completely unsubstantiated claim from some random dude on the internet, then you probably shouldn't have posted this. And who knew smiling facing were so offensive!!!

I, for one, don't really care whether you had provided proof or not, because we're going to see shortly anyway. We're likely less than 2-3 weeks from the wave 5 previews. And after that, new information is going to be pretty rapid fire. A bit off-topic, but pretty exciting.


Had no issue with your posts I didn't even notice your emoticon until now. Sorry for confusion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies as well then. No harm done.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So 44 SP we should assume?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:
I wasn't guessing. It's 6/0/9/7


Catch a glimpse at any of the cards that are allowed to be shared ?

Appreciate the info.. not looking forward to the assimilated meta that is to come robot
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that's impossible to tell if you're some kind of insider or just a crazy guy making up stuff.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:
or just a crazy guy making up stuff.


Come to think of it, we haven't had any of those around here, have we? It's kind of a shame, really; sorting out the real leaks from the hoaxes is half the fun.

[...Fires up Photoshop]
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
dond80 wrote:
The model is fairly large as well.


Gee, I wonder if it'll look something like......snore




The Tactical Cube is going to look epic with a repaint and green LED's lighting up the inside.

This also makes waiting for the Enterprise E that much harder. zombie
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! Will that be the named or generic stats? Will we see a 46 point named cube or a 42 point generic?

If I'm honest I'm a little disappointed that there isn't a little bit more variety between this and the Sphere, but I guess if the attack value had been any higher there would have been even more people freaking out about how "over-powered" the Borg are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:
6/0/9/7


A named Borg Sphere is 6/0/7/7 - which when summed and doubled comes to the standard point cost expected: 40, (the no-name sphere @ 6/0/7/6, comes to the expected 38).

This projection puts the cube at having 2 more hull than the Sphere, and priced (presumably) at 44 pts.

You may want to look at the MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price) for the Tactical Cube recorded in this asset acquisition form (see: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/STAW-Wave-5-Q...) before reading the rest of my reply.

Note in particular the suggested price: $25.99

While there are some completionists and STAW zealots who wouldn't blink at $11 extra for a slightly larger model with a teensy more hull than the much more (apparently) economically priced Borg Sphere, that is identical in stats save for the missing two hull, I find it quite difficult to believe that the average STAW consumer will be willing to part with the same in order to purchase this marginally superior cube.

I think the price point alone argues better stats than that Especially given that the Scimatar (Wave 9) is priced at only $14.99.

It just doesn't add up. The only reason you'd pay that much more for a cube is if the cube was all that, and then some.

Since these numbers are hardly "all that" and certainly lack the "and then some", I am finding myself, as a consumer, unable to seriously entertain the notion that these stats are real.

Of course, the Cube may come with some crazy cards, and new tokens, or something so incredible that you would pay this premium. That is always a possibility, and could (in theory at least) justify the outrageous price point - but I am finding it difficult to believe even that.

DANVAN
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danvan wrote:

Of course, the Cube may come with some crazy cards, and new tokens, or something so incredible that you would pay this premium. That is always a possibility, and could (in theory at least) justify the outrageous price point - but I am finding it difficult to believe even that.

DANVAN


I'm expecting it might have a more significant special ability on the named ship. Maybe not. But at least something less situational that the attack splitting on the sphere (yes, it does have uses but they are fairly situational).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Danvan wrote:

Of course, the Cube may come with some crazy cards, and new tokens, or something so incredible that you would pay this premium. That is always a possibility, and could (in theory at least) justify the outrageous price point - but I am finding it difficult to believe even that.

DANVAN


I'm expecting it might have a more significant special ability on the named ship. Maybe not. But at least something less situational that the attack splitting on the sphere (yes, it does have uses but they are fairly situational).


Well if they want my $26, the special ability would have to be something like:

Quote:
During the action phase the tactical Cube gets a free Battle Stations Token. Attacks against the cubes are all halved, and anyone who attacks the cube must give the cube's owner a free steak meal (minimum 8 oz. sirloin)


Even then, I would need some assurance that said steaks would be properly marinated, and cooked just right.

DANVAN
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Why on Earth would it have to have "better stats" to command a higher price? An Apnex has the same MSRP as a Sphere, after all.

It costs more because it's a larger model.

Of course it's right on the money that it's all about the upgrades. It's really gonna crunch the wallets if this is one of the ones people "need" to double up on.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is safe to say that the Tactical Cube will be both expensive and pretty awesome one question I have is what will be the thing that will push me to purchase the Borg Soong or Borg Scout Cube.

The Queens Diamond is likely going to be some sort of Borg Buffing ship I would imagine.

Playing 200 point games as the norm will be a likely thing after the Tactical Cube for my group.



Put me down for 2 Tactical Cubes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumDT wrote:
I think it is safe to say that the Tactical Cube will be both expensive and pretty awesome one question I have is what will be the thing that will push me to purchase the Borg Soong or Borg Scout Cube.



Why... Captain Lore of course!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6/0/9/7 actually makes an amount of sense. If the ship is too large stat wise, upgrades begin to become useless. They can't conceivably raise the attack stat much higher than 6 without brokenness happening and the big borg will never have evades. Getting to 60 would require 6/0/12/12, which it just more than practical.

Either way, can't wait to get one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Danvan wrote:
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Danvan wrote:

Of course, the Cube may come with some crazy cards, and new tokens, or something so incredible that you would pay this premium. That is always a possibility, and could (in theory at least) justify the outrageous price point - but I am finding it difficult to believe even that.

DANVAN


I'm expecting it might have a more significant special ability on the named ship. Maybe not. But at least something less situational that the attack splitting on the sphere (yes, it does have uses but they are fairly situational).


Well if they want my $26, the special ability would have to be something like:

Quote:
During the action phase the tactical Cube gets a free Battle Stations Token. Attacks against the cubes are all halved, and anyone who attacks the cube must give the cube's owner a free steak meal (minimum 8 oz. sirloin)


Even then, I would need some assurance that said steaks would be properly marinated, and cooked just right.

DANVAN


Perhaps it will instead be something like...

ACTION: Instead of firing your primary weapon, pick up your ship model and smash your opponents' figures with your cube. You win the match but you must reimburse your opponent for pain and suffering caused.



Also, could we have a cube with a micro-gravitational field of its own such that we can place a sphere by it and the sphere will simply orbit the cube? I'm sure there are engineers among the fanbase here who can do something with magnets maybe?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.