Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of the political chits are noted with an "*" on the player's aids to indicate that they will affect play for the duration of the game. In many cases, the "actions taken" section indicates a new ability comes into play. What is not entirely clear are which of the "actions taken" are a one-time effect versus one that happens each season. I'm assuming the "actions taken" for cards like OAS and Les Bleues that mention adding or reducing a step are a one-time effect. What is not clear are whether the following are a one-time effect or one that happens each turn. The player aid says to see section 5.0 for a complete description, but they are not really discussed in that section. Not sure if this meant the historical background discussion in section 7.0 or not.

1) Oil in the Sahara - does France get d3 operations points each turn? If not, what is the impact of the resource sites becoming active other than allowing the FLN to conduct structure attacks on them per 3.3? The player aid references rule 3.2 which does not seem to discuss resource sites. OAS mentions a reduction in French operation points each turn so maybe that implies that the Oil in the Sahara operations point addition is a one-time effect.

2) Les Bleues, Helicopter, and Commando de Chasse - I'm assuming the noted die roll modifiers are in effect the rest of the game - correct?

3) Morice Line - Is it correct to assume that the FLN only reduces their operation points d3 once or does this happen each subsequent turn?

Just want to make sure I'm interpreting these correctly. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) d3 ops once. The permanent effect is that they now exist and FLN may attack them

2) Correct

3) d3 ops once

All extra ops or reduction of ops only happens in the turn the chit is played. The rule regarding ops related to OAS states that it happen each game turn (which makes it an exception).

I hope you enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers. It looks like I was playing these chits correctly, but am glad to confirm that was the case. I played the short scenario first and am now about halfway through the full game. I'm enjoying it very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.