Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tournament Accepting Registration!
First 21 will play.

Seid gegrüßt Kommandanten!

”Another tournament?
Well, yes. But this one is supposed to be a bit different.”
by Lines J. Hutter

As you can see Lines had a vision for a unique type of Tournament. Well he was on the mark with his idea and created one of the most popular tourneys played here on the Geek. It is with great pleasure and expectations that I take on the job of continuing his great vision and going forward with a solid base to build upon.

Again we will use the established format for this tournament with a few changes. First we will run a Four Week Tourney with the Type IX U-boats. With the extended patrol time for this U-Boat type we will run 12 months of game time per week of play time. This will give a player up to four patrols per week. Once more you’ll be playing one year per of game time per week over 4 weeks of playing time, where every week represents 2 column of the [P1] Patrol Assignment Table (most of them representing 12 months). This way we will all be in the same war and a similar time frame and will go through this together (hopefully).

With the Type IX U-Boats it’ll be extremely interesting to see how the Kommandanten are doing each week, watching the fate of each U-Boat, saying farewell to the ones that never returned and watch how many make it to June 1943.

As an added twist I will run a mini “Wolfpack” tourney within our four week tournament. This will pit three “Wolfpacks” against each other over two consecutive weeks. You will utilize my variant Convoy Wars, structured after Greg Smith’s latest BGG “Wolfpack” tourney, where we will use historical convoy ship charts. As well as the winning “Wolfpack” having bragging rights the player with the top tonnage in these two patrols combined will also win a percentage of geek gold too.

Yet again the Patrol assignment will be done by the Tournament Director (me) and posted at the beginning of each week.

This is only a short summary of the format. A GeekList has been created with all rules and information. If you’re interested add an item there, as mentioned in the rules. This counts as your registration.

Register Here: The Hunters - Four Week Tournament I

I hope to start in by the next weekend so we can finish before everyone goes on vacation for summer. The Tournament will start when 21 players are registered.

Welcome aboard,
Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jim for taking on this role. Tournament play seems the best way to play for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Roth

APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jim for assuming the role of tournament director. I probably would not play the game much anymore without a tournament to participate in. Looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola S
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A big thank you for running this!

Two points I mentioned also in the list:

No need to make reference to being permanently assigned to the med: in a Type IX you cannot end up in the Med!!

Also, you, Mike, Larry and Hatricvs may want to watch your rank!!

Finally, it would be good if, after registering, one also posts here so we can keep the thread visible until we get the 21 people needed, no?

Hals und Beinbruch!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Frąckowiak
Poland
Kołobrzeg/Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Thanks Jim. I am up for the tournament. Will register later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forteza
Spain
ALCORCON
MADRID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this Jim. Count me in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing David,

Just head over to the geeklist link above and add an item and you are registered!

Thanks for your interest,
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Mustang

Ashland
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How do we know the wolfpack? And I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will assign the wolfpack and YES you are in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on you "Spectators"...jump in..we only need 5 more an we can start...I am off all week...hurry up...lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK everyone, we need two more players and we will start this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
OK everyone, we need two ONE more players and we will start this weekend!

Almost there! just one spot open...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.