Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say a player cannot use the sacrificial power of a hero if they chose Apollo. Does this apply in a two player game even if I chose a different god as well that turn? Can I use the sacrificial power with the other god I bid on or not at all if I also chose Aplollo as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure you can use them when performing the actions of the other God won. It's just during the Apollo "activation" that you can't use Heroes.

In fact, it should be the same as buying Creatures/Heroes in 2 player. You can buy them during the normal God's activation, but not during Apollo's. I can't find an FAQ that spells that out for 2 player... but it makes sense when you think of the bid markers generally acting as separate players, even being able to outbid yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
George is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
FabienC wrote:
George is correct.

But being as that I controlled both pawns it seems choosing Apollo would mean I can't. I would love an official ruling on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał M
Poland
flag msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
FabienC wrote:
George is correct.

But being as that I controlled both pawns it seems choosing Apollo would mean I can't. I would love an official ruling on this.

A 2 player game mechanics are same as a 4 players where they share their stuff in pairs. It's like 2vs2. You can even outbid youself.
Following that if u place your pawn A on apollo and pawn B on ares you still can buy mythological creatures and sacriface your heroes during your pawn B (ares) action phase but you lose your pawn A (apollo) action phase as it is in 3, 4 and 5 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
FabienC wrote:
George is correct.

You can take answers by FabienC as official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinoeppel wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
FabienC wrote:
George is correct.

You can take answers by FabienC as official.

Yep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.