Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Riley
United States
Chuluota (near Orlando)
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
A number of games that cover the whole war in Europe have a lot of what I feel are fiddly political rules that tend to script options to lead play down a historical path. They make the games a lot more work than I'm usually comfortable with. Is this game wide open or is the invasion of Poland then the West then ??? a predetermined track? Part of me wants the game to be wide open but I also only want historically plausible options.

I'm still undecided on backing the Kickstarter now or waiting until I see the reviews once the game is out. I know that I will like the mechanics and the components look great. It's not knowing enough about the "political game" that has me hesitating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Wikstrom
Finland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
From what I've read here and on Kickstarter (there's a rules synopsis there as well), it doesn't appear very scripted. Ron Draker (the designer) just posted in another BGG thread about not having to follow history to win the game. In his example the Soviets invaded Germany.

CG has a very good track record and a money back return policy, so there really is no reason to feel hesitant to commit. Please support the Kickstarter so we can reach the 60K goal of more blocks! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Here Here ! Think positive man ! They have a good track record !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Riley
United States
Chuluota (near Orlando)
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I gave in. Game backed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.