9 Posts

Munchkin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Divine Intervention rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
raffy mallari
Philippines
flag msg tools
i'm a lvl. 9 wizard / cleric dwarf at the other players turn he drew via bashing the door and got Divine Intervention then i become lvl. 10 but he uses a LVL. DOWN card on me is that possible? i'm just knowing the timing of it because i'm just a rookie pls. reply ty....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not an expert (there are some *real* experts at Munchkin), but I think the timing goes like this...

Divine Intervention comes into play: as a result you go up a level, as a result you win the game, as a result the game ends. The card even mentions "if this ends the game..." So all that happens DURING THE PLAY OF THAT CARD. Someone could play a card that cancels or modifies the effects of that card, but that didn't happen.

So the game is over. Your opponent cannot play Level Down, because the game is over and even in Munchkin you can't play cards after the game is over. The Level Down card would have been the *next* card to come into play, not a modification or cancellation of the Divine Intervention card.

Put anther way, if your opponent played a card that modified or cancelled Divine Intervention that card would take effect WHILE Divine Intervention was "happening". Since it was a separate action it takes place *after* Diving Intervention takes effect. But Divine Intervention ends the game, so there is no next action.

Generally if someone hits level 9 you want to play Level Down on them right away, since you won't get a chance if they hit level 10. The game ends instantly, not at the end of the turn.

There are a lot of Munchkin FAQs and other helpful stuff over at the SJ Games site. You should probably download them and keep them handy. It's clear you're going to be having a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raffman wrote:
i'm a lvl. 9 wizard / cleric dwarf at the other players turn he drew via bashing the door and got Divine Intervention then i become lvl. 10 but he uses a LVL. DOWN card on me is that possible? i'm just knowing the timing of it because i'm just a rookie pls. reply ty....

Nope, that's not allowed. You've already won. I think the only way to stop it would be to cancel the card, like with Antimatter from Space Munchkin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
raffy mallari
Philippines
flag msg tools
ty for the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I agree. As soon as Divine Intervention hits the table you hit level 10 and win. It's called that for a reason. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought only Clerics could win with Devine Intervention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No reason a Wizard/Cleric can't win with DI.

This has been discussed on the SJ Games forums...

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=87367

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TracerBullet wrote:

A Wizard/Cleric has both advantages and disadvantages of both being a Wizard and a Cleric, so DI will hit him just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
TracerBullet wrote:

A Wizard/Cleric has both advantages and disadvantages of both being a Wizard and a Cleric, so DI will hit him just fine.

My error, I missed the OP being a SuperMunchkin character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.