Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this latest Kickstarter has, as an addin, a printed Rulebook with additional information about the various promo cards - to have it all in one place. Fantastic!

This Kickstarter also has new event deck, experimental reactors, 2 part tiles, and new conflict cards. Any idea if the new manual will cover these cards, or will they simply be MORE single rules cards, further separating those promos from the game (with normal printed rules)...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
would like to know also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Promos rulebook will not cover the current stretch goal cards. You'll have to wait for the promos 2 set eventually. Or just live with the reference cards that come with these.

Note that any pledge level that includes the promos expansion (55 and 100 I think) includes the printed manual, you don't need to order it unless you got the promos some other way, e.g. backing prior campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic beat me to it, but here's a quote from Vangelis to confirm what he said.
avyssaleos wrote:
The Promos rulebook is indeed contained within the Promos expansion. The option to get it as an add-on through the KS campaign is for those who already have the material included (through previous campaigns) and would like to have all the rules together (they were on individual cards previously). So, if you are getting the 55$ pledge then you don't need to add it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nuts, that's what I was a little afraid of.
I've got the base game (purchased an Indie-go-go copy), Ambassadors (via that Kickstarter campaign), and now I'm in at the $10 level for these Stretch Goals.

Love the game, hate the stack of reference cards.
I suspect if there's not a single "Here's how to use all the modules" document here on BGG that I'm going to end up writing my own.... Hate the stack of reference cards to piece together individual modules (only makes setup / explaining that much longer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bionic badger
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can print out those rules for free. No need to spend $3 on them unless you want them on glossy paper.

http://www.artipiagames.com/ats/rules/ats_the_promos_ruleboo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, I was thinking that the rules would be a little more required... but thinking on it, there's only the following modules:
- Objectives
- Ambassadors (Adds Bureau and Ambassador cards)
- Conflict cards (Dispute, Infestation, Relocation, Taxation)
- Alliance Inspection
- Events
- Large Locations
- Experimental Reactors
- 5-6 player isn't so much a module as it a change in how the deck is setup (card counts)

Many of the special cards are simply footnotes with clarifications. Eg: Section Seal, Ambassadorial Shuttle, Dual Colour Location Cards.

The game could really take advantage of a good quality cheat-sheet, of how to use the various modules and changes when combined. There are plenty of docs here on BGG outlining the card counts and setup instruction (along with specific card combinations required). Thanks to this campaign, the number of modules has been bumped up a fair bit.

It's now gone from a simple (base) to still-fairly simple (base + objectives + conflicts) to a fairly advanced beast (all modules). Put the game away for a year, bring it out, and yes, that reference sheet of what the modules are for and how to use them is going to be fairly required.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not a leech demanding people do work, I'll likely do up a reference sheet in the next couple days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.