Zeddy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as to who are the most and least popular defenders of Farmingdale.

Poll
Rank the Heroes of Farmingdale: which ones do you prefer?
  Essential to my defense! Good, but not indispensable OK Haven't worked out how to effectively use this hero yet I don't like this hero; they seem weak.
Sheriff Hunt
Pickles
Deputy Schmidt
Agent Wright
Prof. Agee
Doc. Seaver
Mr Johnson
Captain Piazza
Colonel Kingman
Wilson the Hermit
"Big Wheels" Carter
Mayor Hernandez
      32 answers
Poll created by Gnarly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rank the Heroes of Farmingdale: which ones do you prefer?
Great poll!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeddy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
Great poll!

Thanks Lines.

I must admit I am struggling with Wilson. And have never actually chosen or been dealt Carter; his deliveries seem too high risk compared with Pickles or Johnson, especially in proximity to the Mayor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
Enemy Action: Ardennes
badge
Possessed Tank never goes AWOL
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent poll! A mystery why anyone didn't think of this earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Alex! This is fun.
Hern
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnarly wrote:
Lines42 wrote:
Great poll!

Thanks Lines.

I must admit I am struggling with Wilson. And have never actually chosen or been dealt Carter; his deliveries seem too high risk compared with Pickles or Johnson, especially in proximity to the Mayor.

I'm not a big Wilson fan either. The best benefit is his 2 dice for foraging. So he's usually one if those characters parked at the farm, mine or the find-ammo tunnel space.

I treat Carter as a one-hit-wonder. Usually he can make the tour and deliver Supplies/Ammo at least once per game. And that's really helpful. I very rarely manage to let him finish a second tour (go back, pickup goods and return). I bring him in when I'm in desperate need of supplies and there's a Zeds-free track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeddy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the votes thus far, it seems my preferences fit smack in the middle of the masses!

Most interesting to me are:

1/. The slight spread around Agee (clearly the majority are leveraging the superweapon -> gunfire +1 & pushback power)

2/. The significant spread around Seaver. It looks like a quarter of voters have found him quite useful/essential, whilst almost half are still struggling with him. I must admit to have never ever actually used the hospital at all for healing (with either Agee, Seaver or Wright), but I have used Seaver very effectively in one game to do quite a bit of field first aid on civilians manning their village barricades.

3/. I really need to spend some quality time with Kingman: half have him as essential or useful, so I have much to learn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So next up is a startegy article for each of the characters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...or everyone should play a game starting with his least favourite characters and write down his experiences and what he's learned.

I just try to imagine a starting line-up of, hmmmm...

Seaver, Pickles, Wilson and Carter.

Ouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeddy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
So next up is a startegy article for each of the characters?

If you are offering?

Lines42 wrote:
...or everyone should play a game starting with his least favourite characters and write down his experiences and what he's learned.

I just try to imagine a starting line-up of, hmmmm...

Seaver, Pickles, Wilson and Carter.

Ouch.

Interestingly, I was considering last night creating a SGoyT challenge leveraging these stats, specifically the least favourite characters (Wilson, Carter, Seaver and one other like Schmidt or Kingman).

Perhaps:
- Walking Zeds Short (to make it attractive to more players)
- perhaps 1 or 2 existing barricades at game start (either fixed locations, or player choice prior to Zeds population).
- some other quirks, perhaps one or two of the Heroes pre-placed away from Town Center (again fixed or player choice?) but obviously not Carter). Again prior to zed's appearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meet my blind dog, Pickles, he can't find a thing...rolls 1-3's. Although, he can find ammo in the mines real good, before it explodes the following turn, killing him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it hard to evaluate a ranking from looking at the poll table. Sure, the option with the most votes is highlighted per character, but this doesn´t take into account the votes on the other options.

So I just typed the results into Excel, gave every option a weighting from 5 to 1 points, added up the points and divided them by the number of voters.
Taking this into account the ranking looks like this:

Interesting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marv_art wrote:
Although, he can find ammo in the mines real good, before it explodes the following turn, killing him.

I usually send him to the Security Guard Post to find some ammo. The mines can be dangerous...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.