Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the base game with five players by adding an extra set of starting cards & landmark cards. It works well with us.
I wonder if it works well with 6 players if we add two sets of starting cards & landmark cards & the cards from Plus.
What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose so; it would not be a game I'd like to even try, really, but if you liked the base game with five, expanded game with six should not be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't like the game? May I know why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do like the game; it's just the thought of the downtime with five or six players makes me shudder. I mostly play the game two-player with my son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Miiko; 5-6 is not something I'd try. I'm sure it could be fun. I mean, evidently you enjoy it. But it's not for me.

I find this game plays best with 3-4, and if you have the expansion, using the expansion variant.

Oh and also, if you want to go with 5-6 players, you need to buy a second copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played five-player and it's do-able, but if I had 6 players and access to two sets of the game - I'd prefer two 3-player games.

For me, the game's qualities are its lack of downtime and its easily manageable tableaux building. With six, trying to keep track of 5 other tableaux might take some of the fun out (plus it'd take twice as long).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I like with more players is when someone rolls 3, 9 or 10, he will lose all his coins to pay the red cards. This panic of losing all coins is more common in 5-6p games.

This is a fast game. Even adding two more players will not take too long. Remember you can earn money in any player's turn with red & blue cards, so downtime is not a problem in this game.

As you will gain more money with blue & red cards with more players, you can gain money faster which means the game will end faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out that they changed the expansion name to Harbor expansion (from Plus) and added cards for the 5th player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.