flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance Release: February 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
To the Attack Wing Community:

Since the release of Star Trek: Attack Wing nine months ago, I have had the honor and pleasure of serving as your captain. I've gotten to know each and every one of you, and I consider you to be close friends and colleagues.

The release of Wave 4 marks the end of my tenure as co-designer on Attack Wing, and so I am taking this opportunity to step aside and allow lead designer Chris Guild to command the bridge from this point forward. Chris and I started designing Attack Wing together back in January 2013, and he has been an essential part of the design process. In addition to designing half of the ships through Wave 4, Chris also designed all of the OP Tournaments and Resources that you have been enjoying so much. He has been the lead designer on all of the ships from Wave 5 onward, and I know you'll be excited to see the amazing things coming your way throughout the rest of 2014 and beyond.

I am extremely grateful for your passion and your enthusiasm throughout the past year. Of the 18 published games that I have had the opportunity to design, none have had a community as large and responsive as that of Star Trek: Attack Wing. I'm really proud of the community that has grown for this game, and I hope to continue to see it grow as the game universe expands with each passing month.

Game designers cherish constructive feedback, and both Chris and I have drawn upon your feedback during the design process for Star Trek: Attack Wing. Also, as many of you know, I am one of the co-designers for the upcoming Attack Wing: Dungeons & Dragons miniatures game, and many of the innovations that have been created for the D&D game are the result of feedback that I've received from you on Star Trek. For that, you have my sincere gratitude.

I will still pop in to the Trek forums from time to time, but I will not be able to monitor the threads with my accustomed regularity. However, Chris will be here and ready to help out, and he knows he can always call on me. He and I have been close friends for 30 years, and he lives 2 miles from my house, so you can bet I'll still be helping out with playtesting Star Trek: Attack Wing!

During the early transition period, Chris will be focusing primarily on the FAQ, so please direct your questions to the new thread which he created for this purpose:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1166819/st-aw-official-f...

I thank you all again for the amazing experiences of the past year, and I look forward to meeting some of you in person at the summer shows.

Until then, enjoy building your mighty fleets... and give those Borg a reason to fear and respect you! robot

Thanks,

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qa'pla!

Thanks for a great game, listening to our input, and God bless your future endevours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alton Todd
United States
Ramona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your part in bringing us this enjoyable game. Good Luck in your future designs. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for working to create such an outstanding game!

Good luck on your future endeavours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your hard work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, I am extremely grateful for your passion and enthusiasm for a game we have all come to know and love.

We have come a long way as a "community" (one of the best I've ever seen on BGG) and it was due in no small part to having easy access to your answers, explanations, and general positivity.

We are an opinionated (and some times whiny) bunch, but it is only because most of us care deeply about the subject matter and desire to have the best game possible to enjoy it....you have done a great job of providing that!

Good luck! Hope to see you around here again.

Thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Andrew, I am extremely grateful for your passion and enthusiasm for a game we have all come to know and love.

We have come a long way as a "community" (one of the best I've ever seen on BGG) and it was due in no small part to having easy access to your answers, explanations, and general positivity.

We are an opinionated (and some times whiny) bunch, but it is only because most of us care deeply about the subject matter and desire to have the best game possible to enjoy it....you have done a great job of providing that!

Good luck! Hope to see you around here again.

Thx.

Seconded. You should be proud of having made such a fantastic game, but what I'll remember above all is your tireless dedication to the community. Thanks for everything, and I look forward to AW:D&D and whatever else the future has in store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for your support and involvement here on the forums and your work on the FAQ, as well as your work on the game as a whole. You and Chris have created my favorite game, and one that I trust will continue to be played for years and years to come by many of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Andrew, for the gift of Star Trek Attack Wing! It's so much fun!

I look forward to more STAW and to your work on Dragon Wings!

Very Best,
--Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was dreading this post, since the day I realised that you had moved over to lead Dragons into battle. And now it is finally here. I makes me a bit sad.

Your involvement in the community has been exemplorary and a shining example of how great the communication between fanbase and designer can be in these modern days.

Thank you for letting us know that you're moving on. I think of it as a sign of respect, that you don't just go away, but take the time to say goodbye. I like and respect that very much. Anyway...

It has been said before (and probably will be said again, and not only in this thread) but let me chime in:

Thank you so much for this game!

For years I had been wishing for decent Star Trek games, that capture the feeling of the shows and bring to the table enjoyment, adventure of the series and movies and would offer the ability to meet with my heroes.

With Fleet Captains and later on Attack Wing two of those games hit the shelves and made me a very happy kid (again?).

Good luck to you and all your future enterprises

And know this: you'll always be welcome among us.

Thank you, Mr. Parks. Take care!

Oh, and before you leave: How about a little spoiler for things to come...let's say... somehting about the Stargazer and its Crew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lewis
Wales
Penmaenmawr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A great game Mr Parks!

Looking forwards to Dragons too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Corbett
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Peace and long life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your hard work with the game and involvement on BGG posts, Andrew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Whaley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Andrew for the game.
But even more, thank you for supporting it and all of us with your support after the release.

The commitment you've made to us the past year is appreciated.
Pax vobiscum and may D&D:AW succeed just as well for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for being so active on the BGG forums and taking the time to answer all those questions and keep that FAQ updated.

Good luck with your future endeavors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Echoing what the others have said, thank you Andrew for your efforts to bring this great game to life. We will look forward to Chris taking the helm, but as you say, hopefully you will drop in from time to time, like an admiral inspecting his old ship!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al
msg tools
Thanks for helping to make such a great game, and good luck with your future projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard C.
United States
Monterey Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for creating such a great game and a bigger thanks for your support and care for the gaming community!

You and Chris deserve a BIG RAISE too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Humphreys
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thank you, Andrew. I've only lurked here but I've appreciated how quick you were to update the FAQ and your willingness to engage the community.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, Andrew. I appreciate all the time you have taken to answer our questions and wish you luck with D&D (PS. Can I have a Stargate Attack Wing? )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your work on the gane Because of it, I have been to new places, met new friends, and played new games. I can say with 99% certainty none of it would have happened without this game.

Having access to your FAQ is also advantageous. From what I understand, AW could be a case of taking the XWing rules, taking the SW models out, chucking the ST models in, and doing a find and replace from "Wars" to "Trek" in the instruction manual. But the game is constantly evolving, and you and your colleagues have my thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good luck to you in future endeavors! Thanks for helping build a game that all of us here are enjoying so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'll save you a seat at the table!
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
STAW would not have been a success without you. Period. Thank you for the game and serving out community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, great work. Im sure the great work will continue. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Dohnim
msg tools
Andrew Parks wrote:
and give those Borg a reason to fear and respect you! robot

Bit difficult with them being created undercosted... oh.

:/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.