Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
When you complete the Diplomatic Mission to Suzail Plot Quest, you can complete quests directly from Cliffwatch Inn. When you cmoplete them, do you "take" them first? I ask because of various Plot Quests worded as "Whenever you take a _______ quest" (Arcana, Warfare, etc.) These PQs give you cubes upon "taking" the quest. I'm assuming that using the Suzail PQ to complete them directly from Cliffwatch is not "taking" them and would therefore not make these other PQs activate. Okay, but now I just found in the SoS clarifications it says:
Diplomatic Mission to Suzail: Whenever you complete a Quest at Cliffwatch Inn, you immediately take it and place it with your other completed Quests or Plot Quests.
This strengthens the case that Suzail does come into play when you complete directly quests from Cliffwatch.

On a completely different note, I learned something new while looking through the clarifications. Never knew that the Waymoot could be used with Sample Wares and give the user the accumulated "every round add one" VPs. Funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say it still does not count. Plot quests do not stack like that.

From the FAQ:

If a Plot Quest gives me resources for having taken an action, did I gain those resources as a part of taking the action?
No. You gained the extra resources from the effect of the Plot Quest, not from the action itself. The benefits of Plot Quests, and the rewards for completing a Quest, never count as being a part of an action.

So in this case you are gaining the benefit of a Plot quest to get the quest from Cliff Watch Inn, therefore you get no other benefit from your other plot quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Interesting point. But I think it's not quite as cut and dried as that. There is a plot quest that for every time you complete a quest it lets you take one cube back into your tavern used for that quest. I am almost certain that this plot quest triggers when you use the suzail plot quest to complete a quest directly from Cliffwatch inn.

I'll have to try to maneuver the app into this situation so I can see what it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Beaver
United States
North Fork
California
flag msg tools
mb
jepmn wrote:
Interesting point. But I think it's not quite as cut and dried as that. There is a plot quest that for every time you complete a quest it lets you take one cube back into your tavern used for that quest. I am almost certain that this plot quest triggers when you use the suzail plot quest to complete a quest directly from Cliffwatch inn.

I'll have to try to maneuver the app into this situation so I can see what it does.

You do indeed get adventurers when completing quests in Cliffwatch via Suzail.

Like you mentioned, it has the wording of "take" in the reward description.

Some plot quests *do* stack. Not all of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Beaver
United States
North Fork
California
flag msg tools
mb
beaverpapa wrote:
jepmn wrote:

You do indeed get adventurers when completing quests in Cliffwatch via Suzail.

Like you mentioned, it has the wording of "take" in the reward description.

Some plot quests *do* stack. Not all of them.

I rescind this comment; the quest does not have the "take" terminology...only allows you to complete them at the Inn, so you cannot trigger the "recruiting" Plot Quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Is this theory or what the app did when you tried this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.