Popular Tags: [View All]
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
as per the rules you get KOed if you get damage added to your hand exceeding your normal hand limit as written on your token.
But what if I already have 2 wounds in my hand, and and hand limit of 5,
do I still get KOed if I take 5 dmg, or only 3 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not matter what you have in your hand, just what you get. So: 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weisswurst wrote:
It does not matter what you have in your hand, just what you get. So: 5.

Great, I doubted the rulebook for a second Should not have, it is clearly written although a bit all over the place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that if during combat you play a card which tells you to take a wound this wound counts towards the limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I think the reason for this is similar to why Planning counts wounds as cards-- the game never requires your opponents to trust you about what is in your hand. So KO only counts wounds that were publicly added to your hand this turn, and everyone can confirm how many you've taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
I think the reason for this is similar to why Planning counts wounds as cards-- the game never requires your opponents to trust you about what is in your hand. So KO only counts wounds that were publicly added to your hand this turn, and everyone can confirm how many you've taken.

Also, thematically, being knocked out is a direct result of too much damage at one time. Wounds in hand that haven't been healed may be equivalent to fatigue or pain and wouldn't necessarily contribute (to someone like a mage knight!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.