Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm probably fairly ignorant when it comes to organizing board game events but I'd like to try. My 11yr old son and I are loving the game. He played in a tournament for the game Smash Up and had a great time (came in 2nd).

I had an idea to organize a San Diego Championship Series for those living in the 619, 858, 760 area codes. I thought we could hold a tourney for residents of each of the 3 area codes over a few week period at the 3 stores in each area.

619 - Game Empire
858 - At Ease Games
760 Pair A Dice Games

Then a finals match somewhere in between. In a short conversation with an employee at one of the stores he mentioned probably not running this until the units are back in stock. Seems wise.

I / we could run some warm ups or training / practice sessions.

I made a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/255359017981240/

Please join in if you are interested.
Ideas?

Let's see what happens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Tan
United States
California
flag msg tools
Cool! I live in Mira Mesa and normally go to San Diego Games and Comics at the end of Mira Mesa Blvd, but At Ease seems to to be very nearby as well! I will check it out. Also joining the Facebook group! Hope to see you guys there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.