Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the situation: Turn 14, Morale = 3. I have 3 workers, and the soldier track is at 3. As my final action I procure a weapon and use it to shoot a police, sending the Morale down to 2 and the soldier track to 4.

At this exact moment, I have completed both goals, but the rules state to finish the turn, so I advance the turn marker to "END", which reduces morale to 1.

There are no patrols yet, because patrols are decided during Placement Phase, thus when the game ends all of the patrols WERE soldiers. Yet...if the game were to continue, there would be 5 patrols, but only 4 of those would be soldiers...

So...draw? Or victory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:

There are no patrols yet, because patrols are decided during Placement Phase, thus when the game ends all of the patrols WERE soldiers. Yet...if the game were to continue, there would be 5 patrols, but only 4 of those would be soldiers...

So...draw? Or victory?

Victory!

The assassination goal was the most difficult one to word... it would be unfair to expect the player to reduce their morale specifically to bring out more policemen in order to be able to shoot them, and it would be unreasonable to expect the player to have to shoot more policemen than he actually ever saw during the game, so the determination as to whether or not you won the Assassination mission should be made based on the patrols used on the current turn, not the patrols which would be used on a hypothetical future turn had the game not ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! That makes sense, and that's what I went with, but with solo games I'm always doubtful that my interpretation is correct if it leads to victory... Thanks for the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Batista
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Assassination card says:
Quote:
First complete your other goal, then kill enough milice...

Does this mean you cannot kill milice units until you finish the other mission card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmbatista wrote:
The Assassination card says:
Quote:
First complete your other goal, then kill enough milice...

Does this mean you cannot kill milice units until you finish the other mission card?

I don't think so. I've played it that you can kill milice even as you are working towards the first goal. In essence it should be (from my understanding):

After completing your first goal, you win the game if all patrols are conducted by soldiers (i.e. enough milice have been assassinated).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:

After completing your first goal, you win the game if all patrols are conducted by soldiers (i.e. enough milice have been assassinated).

Exactly this, yeah - you can shoot the milice whenever you like, but you can't complete the Assassination goal until your other goal is completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.