Subject: How many of each color disc? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Galen Deal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this game in the mail directly from Phil, but the copy didn't come with any of the discs needed to play. Does anyone know how many discs of each color are needed? The components list just says 52 transparent discs (clear, red, and blue) and 30 opaque discs (in five colors). Presumably the opaque discs are just 6 of each of the 5 player colors, but what about the transparent discs? How many are clear water tank tokens and how many are red and blue discs?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. I'm excited to start playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Water in the game comes from an infinite pool, so it doesn't really matter too much. As long as you have enough clear discs (or whatever else you use for 1WT tokens) so you don't run too low on those you'll be fine.

As for the opaque player discs, you are correct that the base game asks six of each. Colonization comes with three more of each though. If you're looking to add more complex game modules down the line, it might help to have nine of each colour. Colonization also adds ten yellow discs to mark outpost locations (A&C rules allow for two outposts per player). These can be handy no matter what level of rules (Basic, Legacy, Colonization) you use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chamberlain
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

6 opaque disks of each playr color for the base game, 3 more for colonization (for a total of 9).

For the black disks: these are to mark busted claims. You'll sometimes need a lot of them. I use a tub of black bingo tokens myself, because the ones the game game with could sometimes run out anyway.

the game uses clear disks for water. i found these easy to lose track of because they were very clear. And I replaced those in my copy with a tub of clear blue bingo tokens.

for the red transparent, color really isn't important. these are used to track the politics track, the industrialization track, and the thrust of the rocket on the rocket diagram. We usually just use busted claim markers for those in our games too because its easy, and as I said, for these color really isn't relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Deal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone, that gives me all I need to know about the discs.

On a related note, does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the game box? My copy did not come with one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Radic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Width - 8,5 inches / 21,5cm
Height - 10,9 inches / 27,9cm
Depth - 1,6 inches / 4cm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.