Pack of Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of questions regarding The Elementeens mainly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A few questions after 4 plays (by the way, the two people I play with loved the game, and so did I). They asked for a rematch as soon as we finished playing the first game

-There are powers like "Run 2" or "May fly 4" Do you have to move exactly 2 or 4 spaces? Can you decide to move only 1 space, for example?

-Can Beau heal itself?

-If Furnace attacks an enemy with two or three adjacent teammates, do all of them gain a wound? Reading from the almanac I understand it's only one but I'd apprecciate comfirmation.

Reading from the almanac (great job, by the way), I'm guessing the answers are:

1- You can move up to 2 or fly up to 4.

2- No

3- Only one at Furnace's player choice

But I'd appreciate confirmation

Seriously, really fun game. And the Freak Show Five are a beast! The combos you can make with them are incredible. I believe the five characters were in play by turn 3 and I was being attacked twice per turn almost every single turn. My Guild of Ghouls got trashed playing against them! But it was so much fun I didn't mind

Also, one of my friends thought the Safary Squad was very underwhelming. I beat them soundly with the Knights of the Five Realms (gotta love Rainbor Sprinkle power cool ) I want to try the Safary Squad by myself. I have no doubt all the teams are balanced. I believe it's only that some of the power combinations are easier to see at a first glance that others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Walker-Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sergio, glad you have been enjoying the game! And you are correct in all three cases:

All movement powers are for up to the number of spaces. So with Fly 4, you can Fly 1-4 spaces.

No Beau can only heal other teammates.

Furnace's On Fire power only effects 1 enemy. If multiple enemies are next to the initial enemy you can choose any 1 to receive the wound.

Yes it was a very hard game to balance precisely because of all the different powers, but we did our best! It's funny there was a recent comment on the Kickstarter page about Freak Show Five being underpowered! So I think a lot of it depends on your play style.

The key to using Safari Squad well is setting up the heroes that require movement to attack. If you leave them enough space they can be pretty devastating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil81 wrote:
It's funny there was a recent comment on the Kickstarter page about Freak Show Five being underpowered! So I think a lot of it depends on your play style.

Yeah, I saw that. Go figure

Quote:
The key to using Safari Squad well is setting up the heroes that require movement to attack. If you leave them enough space they can be pretty devastating!

We'll probably have a rematch today and my friend insists I play Safary Squad I'll take your advice and tell you how it goes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.