Subject: psssst, hello, ahem, your attention please, ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hatfield
United States
modesto
California
flag msg tools
I don't use this site enough to be qualified a complaint or anything but coming back here after some months and clicked to purchase 3 games on the market. And proceeding all the way through the process until the step were the seller responds. Did receive the email from BGG. But then got no contact from the sellers. After emailing/PMing them and BGG sending them their regularly scheduled second notice (after 2 days) they all responded. And all were obviously quite anxious and happy to sell .

I wonder why the original email that BGG sends them is not registering, but being ignored? All the sales were for items put up for sale a long time ago, months or years.

I don't suppose BGG should be mailing out glaring emails with rude capital letters like a bill collection company. But somehow these days with email boxes filling up, some willing sellers are not getting the clue a buyer is trying to purchase.

I wonder how many times the buyer, being ignored, just gave up? Games remain un-played on shelves and BGG has lost another 3% commission.

I do not offer any solution, maybe there is none...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it depends on the situation to be honest. Having sold a lot of items, I generally keep a few boxes around and I now have a postal scale to weigh boxes at home so I can give faster shipping quotes and confirm orders.

Before that though I generally did not have a suitable box to pack multiple games for one sale or a postal scale so it would often take me 1-2 days to respond as I may have to go buy a box, pack it, then run it up to the post office to weigh it and figure out the shipping weight so that I could provide the buyer with accurate shipping costs.

While yes many sellers try to be prepared that is just not always the case so I am happy that BGG has setup the 3-day window with reminder system as it does give the seller some time on their side as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is one reason that sometimes causes this for my sales: The marketplace notifications aren't sent to the GeekMail inbox, they only go to the regular email address registered with BGG.

I check my emails regularly but I don't reply to forwarded GeekMails in my email program. Instead I just read my GeekMail copies there and think to myself "okay, I'll answer this when I'm on BGG next time". And there is the problem because when I answer my GeekMails on BGG later, the marketplace notification is not present there and so I sometimes forget about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:

I check my emails regularly but I don't reply to forwarded GeekMails in my email program. Instead I just read my GeekMail copies there and think to myself "okay, I'll answer this when I'm on BGG next time".

You can, however, do that. (I recently tried it with Thunderbird: Just click reply and send the email it will turn into a geekmail automatically. Don´t worry about the address looking a bit weird.)

Just for your information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smithlucas wrote:
cuazzel wrote:

I check my emails regularly but I don't reply to forwarded GeekMails in my email program. Instead I just read my GeekMail copies there and think to myself "okay, I'll answer this when I'm on BGG next time".

You can, however, do that. (I recently tried it with Thunderbird: Just click reply and send the email it will turn into a geekmail automatically. Don´t worry about the address looking a bit weird.)

Just for your information.

Yeah I knew that, thanks. I don't do it on purpose to keep all my BGG related mails in one place. (Also at least until a few years ago it usually screwed up most of the GeekMail formatting like links, images, quotes, etc. But this may have changed since then.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.